Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GOD WARS V

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lord William

Lord William

Ignore This Number : 322

GOD WARS V - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm happy with the current setting - the World Guardian banished the gods, the one who finds the pendant wins (as an alternative method to just beating the crap out of people) and I get to slink around as Sliske.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Ignore This Number : 456

PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:48 am

What I like:

The pendant (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)
The beginning (I'm fine with the World Guardian being strong)
A period of time, ~500 years or so, which is good to give us room to create separate fluff for the NPC States.

What I dislike:

"All the humans" banding together AGAINST the gods (???), when humans are clearly shown to express the most diverse faith IN the gods
Magical gems. Really?
Rolling the death of Guthix and the events that followed into the Sixth Age. Once the gods were "banished", it should have marked the beginning of the Seventh Age.

So, it can work. Just tweak some things. If we're all eventually going to have our own lores, we need to vote. I'll make a different thread for it.
Back to top Go down
https://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Limes

Limes

Ignore This Number : 311

PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:50 am

I think this argument is taking place on 5 separate threads.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:58 am

Limes wrote:
I think this argument is taking place on 5 separate threads.

That's one thing I want to eliminate. Once we get discussion focused on the LORE: Vote! thread, I'll delete relevant posts from these threads, which are meant for more specific topics.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

Ignore This Number : 120

PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 3:25 pm

On another note -

Would the format of the season report change for certain aspects? Like.. Would there be a section possibly for Dissent progress or artifact/research progress? Rather then "Oh, yeah, you're almost done!"

We have those progress bars and stuff on the forums now - perhaps we can make use of them?
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 3:32 pm

The problem with that is there are so many things that depend on chance, that I can't just go and say "you have 3 seasons left with this" or anything. I can notify you when something actually gets done and how much still needs to be done (or just tell you when the project starts how much something needs doing), but I can't give you any season promises.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

Ignore This Number : 311

PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 3:39 pm

He could give you a mathematical range, though, but it's not 100% Precision.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 3:46 pm

I can say something like "Your 5-stage project has passed its 2nd stage now. Three stages are left, with mathematical expectation of X turns."
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:49 pm

Dissent is measured with a percentage. Think of it like Gold: some things will increase it, others will decrease it. The difference is that, unlike Gold, you want Dissent to stay near 0% Razz.

We could look into using the progress bars somehow, though. With research, for instance, as each stage of a multi-stage project is completed, not how many turns are left in a particular stage.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:54 pm

I'd rather go by gm notifications when your people are restless rather than "Breaking news! street gallup reveals that 9% of Zarosian people are unhappy with their leadership!"

This way we don't need to set in stone parameters like "at x dissent, y happens" and allow it to be another hidden case-by-case mechanic like political takeover. Because quite seriously, too many factors influence this, and can actually be directly tied into the political takeovers.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 7:16 pm

Players need to know when and where to react to Dissent, though. With a percentage system, we can plan ahead instead of always reacting to whenever the GM drcides that one of our regions is suddenly full of ragers.

Getting off - topic again, here's what I envisioned (percentages are completely adjustable):

Another religion's Missionaries would cause Dissent at certain thresholds in the Belief Index shift. 25% influence = 10% Dissent increase, 50% influence = 25% increase, 75% influence = 40% increase, and 100% influence = 70% increase.

Rebellions have a chance to occur between 80-100% Dissent.

Garrisons contribute to decreased Dissent each season. Let's say half garrison = 5% decrease, full = 10% decrease.

Moving additional troops into a region may or may not decrease Dissent. This can be determined by the GM, but optimally, it'd decrease Dissent if the Dissent level was low and would have a chance to actually cause a rebellion if Dissent was high.

Other events, both GM and player created, would raise or lower Dissent accordingly. However, in order for players to lower Dissent, they'd have to use some kind of resources. For instance, if they wanted to host a grand festival in a region with high Dissent, they'd have to pay some Gold. How much they pay determines how much Dissent falls.

Political takeover could indeed cause Dissent and lead to either a rebellion or, if the city is large enough, an official secession.

I was thinking that regions which are claimed after a rebellion start with no Dissent. Regions that are converted start with 25%. Regions that are conquered militarily start with between 40-60%, depending on the size. Regions obtained through political takeover would start with variable Dissent.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

Ignore This Number : 120

PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 3:57 am

In other news:

What would an example season report look like?
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:37 am

*pretends to be GM before William can reply*

Season 1 Report

Nardah: Your troops begin marching to wherever you sent 'em. The new recruits in Nardah begin their training and will be ready next season. Your Diplomats set out and your Professors begin on their projects. Your Warlord takes a refreshing dip in the River Elid and almost gets his balls ripped off by a crocodile - make sure you appease Crondis every once in a while!

[other factions = same deal]

NPC States

Kandarin expands a region.
The Keldagrim Dwarves discover a new source of lyrium.
The Gnome Stronghold Gnomes get drunk and burn down their Spirit Tree.

Random Events

None!
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:40 am

The key thing to note here is that we shouldn't announce which regions NPC States acquire. I want Map Information to be something that can be requested and offered in Diplomacy, and if an NPC State gives you Map Info, only you will know all the regions they own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOD WARS V   GOD WARS V - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOD WARS V
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2