Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Military | Battles | Major Spells

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Limes

Limes

Ignore This Number : 311

Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 7:30 pm

I anticipate that the base ranges will come later.

Anyways, should we make these equations known, just give them out to whoever asks, or keep them hidden from everyone?

Also, I feel like Battlefields should be made bigger. So that they can encompass 25,000,000 Square Sirokis, aka 25 Square Kilometers, or possibly more.

And who fucked up the website again?
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

Ignore This Number : 322

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:00 pm

The information is public to anyone who takes an interest on the matter, I want to be as transparent in my and my assistant's works as possible. Besides, if I let you know how it's done, I have no right to deny any other player that knowledge, either. You know, unfair advantages and all.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Ignore This Number : 456

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 8:32 pm

Lord William wrote:
math

Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 Crying%20a%20river%20of%20tears

Awesome. Managing to incorporate distance and time, as well... just awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Sirok

Sirok

Ignore This Number : 120

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:40 am

Now that I've put them into Excel, I can actually understand what I'm looking at. Lol.

Now, a few things arise when I try to do this all artificially with these formulas:

1st: The Tier-Formula is slightly off. I'm not sure if I'm entering the function in right (Tier Formula=(10+2*Tier)/10) ) but when I do input a number for Tier, it creates a larger number then what we have been talking about before.

Example - I put in Tier-I, I get 1.2.
I put in Tier-IV, I get 1.8.

... UnlessI you changed it to reflect that to give meaning to higher tiers. Or something.

Secondly: The "enemies killed" formula does not take into account how many troops there was possible to kill. Unless that qualifies under "Damage Potential," which, if it does, I end up with numbers much higher then the amount that I actually want to kill Surprised

If you could post a breakdown of what each variable means, then that would be much appreciated~

EDIT:
I think I may have figured it out - The "Time invested" multiplier seems to throw the whole number scheme out of whack. Unless, of course, I'm drunk and there's a good explanation for it.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:53 am

I thought this time around, all troops started at T1, not T0.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Limes wrote:
I thought this time around, all troops started at T1, not T0.

They do.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:10 pm

You're getting the right numbers, Siroki. I made it so that each tier is worth 20 percentage points in everything instead of just ten.

As for the damage, you're right. If we translated the current damage to plain damage potential, our troops become a hundred times deadlier. Basically we just multiply the hp by 200 and translate the damage to damage potential directly. This basically halves the offensive potential of troops, but that's alright - they weren't supposed to be that deadly in the first place. All the different multipliers will get the damage to the levels I want to see.

As for tiers, troops start tier-0.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:13 pm

That's really confusing, then.

There's no reason that troops shouldn't start at T1, if it's only just a name. T0 just flows awkwardly, so I propose the new tier calc should be (10 + (tier - 1))/10.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:22 pm

Except it'd be ((10+2·(tier-1))/10), and I think the damn formula is long enough without FURTHER additions into it.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:28 pm

It isn't too long. Just adding that little bit won't make much of a difference.

I mean, who ever heard of something that is T0?

"We have a T0 Citadel!"

"Oh wait, that means we don't have one!"
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 3sIJ8

Very Happy

I made that last night, and that's not even the full thing <3 It even has a random number generator that produces numbers 80-120 that then divides the random number by 100~

Also; I don't quite understand what is meant by "Basically we just multiply the hp by 200 and translate the damage to damage potential directly." Does that mean the troop health is always going to be 200x the usual troop health? And what does it mean to translate the damage to damage potential directly? ;~; sorry.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Right now, a ranger has 1 damage and 3 hp. In God Wars V, a ranger will have 600 hp and 1 damage potential.

Also, there's a mistake in your distance formula, it's ((Start height - destination height) · 2), not - 2. Negative distance traveled will return as 0, and the troops stay still/plot an alternate course.

The base range and speed values you have are far lower than what they will actually be, mind you.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Oh, yeah, those are just numbers to play around with~

Also: thanks for catching that! Dem dots, amirite?

I shalt be editin once I get home from work

EDIT: cant we just call tier 0 "base tier?" Then go up from there?
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:47 pm

Well, then, when we call them T1 Soldiers because they were trained as T1, it'd get confusing. It's like the whole First Floor/Ground Floor Debacle.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:39 pm

There is no T0. I didn't intend for it to exist in GW4, but some of the wording was misleading; GW4 tiers are in an upgrade context, so it's more like "Upgrade Tier I" and "Upgrade Tier II". To simplify things, in GW5, Tier I is "base tier".

Is it much harder to work with that in the formula? If so, I'll have to reword the troop upgrade buildings and the Military draft.

Speaking of which, please look at Construction if you haven't yet done so! I'm aiming to get Conversion/Dissent up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 8:53 pm

After the defeat of the gods by the World Guardian's hand, the world bloomed into progress. And not just any progress, progress of magic. The Lunar Clan, a member of whom the World Guardian was and his trusted allies, spread knowledge of the power within humans. As decades went by, more and more of the untapped potential inside was unlocked, and it came to be that humans could cast magical spells without the use of runes. This was a catastrophe.

Inequality spread. Without runes balancing scales of power, who you were born to mattered much more than it used to. Some families were simply magically more powerful than others. Geopolitics were torn apart as balance of power shifted from regions to people, Cathal lineage was one of the most powerful families, and had strong ties to the wizards' tower and guild. Luckily they were also allies of the World Guardian (who also just happened to be the most powerful human alive), and together the shining authorities created what would change the future of warfare forever.

The nexus was not the ideal solution, but it was the best thing available. Long studies produced the powerful weapon and promoted runes back to their proper place. In the new world, those who didn't show potential in magic could not become mages any longer. However, with the nexi, anyone with determination and will to study, could become an incantor. Incantors used runes in conjunction with a nexus to unleash immensely powerful spells, and no mortal mage could top off that. With runes being reinstated as the tool for magic, power fled from the families of powerful magical ability back to the geographical significance of the rune altars, and civil war was avoided.

The end. (Yes, I know it's crap.)
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:04 pm

You know, that's a really interesting story! It illustrates how, like gunpowder, runes act as an equalizer between those with a large amount of inborn magical potential and those with a small amount. Repeated spellcasting improves magical ability, but it seems like there's no requirement for casting very basic spells other than having the runes.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 10:20 am

I really only wrote the story because I wanted to share some of the lore I came up with to explain why mages don't need runes and what incantors really are.

I left it out of the story, but the only way to become a successful mage is to be born with magical potential. No one is willing to hire a mage who requires runes to cast spells anymore, because that would be a horrible waste of runes, now that they can be used to fuel major spells.

Mind you, incantor and mage are not mutually exclusive. The product of being both is a wizard, and that's a real hard core magician. A mage is someone who can focus his will to create a burst of magical energy to use as an attack, and an incantor is someone who studies long and hard to be able to cast complex spells with the use of runes. Wizards are able to not only function as incantors for nexi, but can also cast more complex and stronger spells on a personal level without the need for runes. The definitions have changed a bit since the Fifth and Sixth Ages.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 5:21 pm

I see - that clears things up. When reading the story for the first time, I wasn't sure if you wanted to add a Rune cost to Mages, but now I see that they won't require any Razz.

I also like how you tied wizards into the mix. If we're carrying over the Nexi/Major Spells lore from GW4, it was the Wizards' Tower that first came up with Major Spells, so their classification in the Seventh Age makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Multiply the resource cost for all things military by ten.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:36 pm

Wait, what? Why? I thought we agreed that Cannons would be weaker this time around. And Basic troops shouldn't cost hundreds of resources!
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Because I say that all things military gets their resource costs tenfolded. The reasoning is actually pretty simple - less troops. It won't affect the game balance at all, but it makes much more sense to send just 100 troops to raid a passing caravan as opposed to 1,000. Oh right, stuff like guardhouse, warcamp, and such get their capacity reduced to one tenth, same goes for recruitment.

The scale is much better when we're talking about troops in the thousands and not in the tens of thousands.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Eh, can't I just multiply upkeep by 10?
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:04 pm

No, it's like you paying 1 metal to recruit a single warrior in the current game.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:29 pm

...That just seems very stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Military | Battles | Major Spells   Military | Battles | Major Spells - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Military | Battles | Major Spells
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next