Share | 

LORE: Vote!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lord William

Ignore This Number : 322

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:44 pm

Bah, I can't write to save my life. We're going with what I proposed earlier, if anyone wants to try sneaking a few of their ideas into the details, you're free to do so and write the damn lore into a presentable form. However, the main points will remain as they are. There will be no Sliske faction, the World Guardian banished all the gods from the world himself, except for Sliske. Sliske is thought dead, but in reality is pulling the strings from the shadows and sparking the rise of the other gods' following. Also, please no "The world Guardian just sort of took control each of the kingdoms and appointed his guys as the leaders." Either all the way ruling over them, or nothing.

The über-buff this time will be the Pendant of Sealing, which was created by the World Guardian with the power of the full Elder Twelve, and contains his blood. The Pendant will allow its controlling faction to summon the power of their god and do crazy shit. I'll think of the actual buffs it gives later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limes

Ignore This Number : 311

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:57 pm

I'm not a fan of Sliske being the Grandmaster of Everything. Yes, that's Sliske's Style, but I feel like it's kinda lame to just go ahead and say "AND SLISKE WAS BEHIND IT ALL ALONG!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord William

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:18 pm

Your problem, not mine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sirok

Ignore This Number : 120

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:43 pm

How aboot this then? Very Happy

Ever since the death of Guthix, the world has been in turmoil.

With his death, the Edicts that forbade all gods from entering this world vanished – and so, one by one the gods descended upon us. They sent their emissaries around the world and began to convert us to their side, they raided the world of their resources, and they ravaged those who would not follow. There was only one defense against them; The World Guardian, a mysterious figure who was given the last of Guthix's power.

No body knows who or what the World Guardian was, but its renown was greatly understood. Once the gods began to see the World Guardian as a threat, they began their own campaign to remove its existence. They tried combat, assassination, power-removal; everything in their godly influence to get rid of this great power.

Nothing seemed to work, and the World Guardian, after many years of warring with the gods, managed to successfully repel them far away. The people were in awe as they saw lights flying far into the sky - the gods finally leaving the world forever – some people were ecstatic that the final request of Guthix was finally in fruition, others cried that their lost masters were now gone.

The World Guardian, its task complete, began its preparations to leave the world and continue battle with the expelled gods. Before it left, it did two actions to retain world peace; first it created the New Edicts – A new barrier using a tremendous amount of Guthix's granted power, along with the Elder Twelve. Second; it scattered the Elder Twelve throughout the world – its allies guarding them closely or deep where no one would ever find them. The World Guardian then left the world forever to do battle with the gods – taking with him the only knowledge of how he banished them once and for all.

Local leaders began taking charge of the repopulated cities – The old rulers long since gone. We began to prosper once more.

Unfortunately, the Edicts were not as strong as they once were – Many holes were present in the barrier, and as such many of the gods managed to send their whispers into their subjects ears. The whispers told of the secrets of the Pendant of Sealing, the device the World Guardian used in order to seal them away. If the warlord were to gather the Elder-Twelve, and then learn how to assemble it, then perhaps a larger hole can open up in the New Edicts, and allow a god to slip through!

And so it began; The whispers turned to power, and power turned to devotion. The prophets of the gods rose up, gathered an army, and began their conquest of the land. The forces of Saradomin, Zamorak, Zaros, Amradyl, Bandos, Seren, the Desert Pantheon, and the Apostates now marching against each other in order to find the lost pendant.

The next God Wars has begun!

Now, you may still be wondering; "What about Sliskeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!" Well, Tom, I have an answer for that too. The only thing is - I don't really want to post it HERE because I don't want to give anyone an unfair advantage. If that's not that big of a problem, then I will post it here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasband
Admin

Ignore This Number : 456

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:44 pm

It's good enough for a working copy. As we move forward, we'll think of things we can agree to change (*cough* magical god gems *cough*).

Whoa, Siroki ninja! I was referring to William's lore with the above statement. Let me read what Siroki wrote.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Lord William

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:16 pm

We don't need the apostates. Also, at least the "death" of Sliske should be covered. The Elder Twelve shouldn't be here. I mean, I can't just give the Stone of Jas to somebody! How about the World Guardian commanded the gods to leave (the part where the World Guardian battles the gods should be more emphasized, like a real war was going on, not just "the gods didn't like the World Guardian. And then they left"), and after he'd kicked the gods out, standing in the middle of the last battlefield, he summoned the Elder Twelve, created the Pendant of Sealing, and then banished the Elder Artefacts from the world?

Don't send the World Guardian away, either. He needs to remain here so I can have the pendant be in his grave or something. (I'm not going to tell you anything ore about that!) Everything else is good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limes

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:23 pm

*defiant lime uses one last fighting push!*

Alright, but whatever happened to the Dragonkin? We did forget about them, a bit, after Sliske murdered Guthix.

Additionally, to spice things up, I propose we detail each of the ways that the World Guardian took down the Gods...

So, here's my backstory! (with borrowed beginning from Siroki)

_~***~_

With his death, the Edicts that forbade all gods from entering this world vanished – and so, one by one the gods descended upon us. They sent their emissaries around the world and began to convert us to their side, they raided the world of their resources, and they ravaged those who would not follow. There was only one defense against them; The World Guardian, a mysterious figure who was given the last of Guthix's power.

Nobody knows who or what the World Guardian was, but its renown was greatly understood. And so, the World Guardian began its campaign to follow its mission: Protect the World from Divine Interference.

The First Fallen, fallen before the demise of Guthix, was none other than Quin. The Disputed God, one who was only ever questionably one, proclaimed herself the God of the Eastern lands, but fell to the indirect actions of the World Guardian before the Fall of Guthix. This Faction plans to "Summon" Quin back from the Realm of Eternal Sea, on a false hope that Quin escape there when she disappeared from Gielinor.

(We'll need to have Quin, unless you want to add Sliske to the Roster of Gods Playing. This is because I have a friend who is in the same boat as Siroki's friend, and we don't have enough Gods if everyone carries over)

Seren, who already had a small Gathering, had also been dispelled long before the actions of the Fall of Guthix. The World Guardian, using diplomatic tact rather than a liberal fist, negotiated the Serenite Faction in staying passive in the war, and only defending themselves when attacked. More Aggressive Serenites have since risen, not seeing any World Guardian or Authority Figure from stopping them, and plan to siphon the Pendant's Power in order to reform their fallen Goddess.

Marimbo was the third to leave Gielinor, and did so willingly, not seeing any amusement to derive from the Edicts War. The Marimban Monkey Faction plans on using the Pendant to not only open a corridor, but to create a Beacon to the Ape God to return to the Land of Gielinor.

Bandos' Faction was the Fourth to fall. The Bandosians, in the end, collapsed due to the Forces lead by the World Guardian. Although the Bandosian Goblins and Orks were numerous, and the Ogres were fighting fiercely, the World Guardian managed to pull off a brilliant strategy, the details of which were lost to this day. When the Bandosian Hordes finally fell, Bandos, weakened by previous efforts of the World Guardian and a group of Defiant Goblins, fled the realm, taking solace in the belief that he may have lost the battle, but he'd come out on top in the end, soaked in blood and covered in the gorey entrails of both his followers and his enemies.

The Desert Pantheon Collapsed in the end due to Infighting projected by the Tainting of Amascut. Amascut, provoked by the Actions of the World Guardian, unleashed her rage in an inferno of destruction upon the other gods. Weakened, the Other Pantheon Gods failed in their strategy, accidentally double-crossing one another. The Final force that the World Guardian had to deal with was tiny in comparison to the Other Gods, and already incredibly tired out, yet, they managed to hold off defeat for many years, and postponed their surrender until after the fall of Bandos.

Saradomin fell quickly after the Pantheon, as while the Pantheon held out in their last city, the World Guardian poked and prodded holes in the Saradominist Domain. In the end, after many probings at the fringes, Saradomin himself imposed harsh laws overall, and the overworked and tired Workers eventually rose up and were smashed by the Saradominist Army. However, that gave time for the World Guardian to act, and while the Saradominists were scrambled, the World Guardian sent a surgical invasion straight to the Saradominist Capital of Falador. Saradomin eventually escaped the realm through unknown means, and Falador was brunt to the ground, and had to be rebuilt.

Armadyl was the next to fall. At first, Armadyl was content to stay out of the fight, and take over the realm and establish justice after the Gods and the World Guardian had fought eachother into their doom. That was his first mistake. The World Guardian, bolstered by renewed force, quickly took the fight to Armadyl. The Armadyllian Tacticians fought smartly, but the overwhelming, brutal, and swift charge of the World Guardian's Forces proved too much, and Armadyl was defeated, and embarked on a second pilgrimage across Existence.

Zamorak was the next to go, holed up in his Fortress of Daemonheim. Being the God of Chaos, his armies had no real leadership, and were made up mostly of mercenaries and pirates, mostly fighting for either coin, or honor. A few took charge in order to preserve their respective ways of life, and the scattered and decentralized forces of the Usurper proved an obstacle in the World Guardian's Previous Victories against the Other Gods. However, this ironically turned against him, as when it was finally the God of Chaos' time to go, the tried-and-proven armies of the World Guardian pushed through Zamorakian Territory and chased Zamorak back down into the Depths of Daemonhiem, where the fled the plane. Daemonheim's rift was swiftly resealed, and the World Guardian moved on.

Zaros was amongst the last to go, as centuries of Silence of the religion trained Zaros to remain quiet when the other Gods fought. Attempting to recycle Armadyl's strategy, Zaros quickly rose again, establishing his empire for the second time. The swift rebirth of the Zarosian Pheonix rocked, but didn't stun the World Guardian, and the World Guardian used his armies to take down Zaros once more before he grew too powerful. Immense Casualties and barbaric travesties on both sides ensued, but, in the end, the World Guardian managed to banish Zaros once more.

The Last God to Go was the one that started it all. Sliske ran through his web of shadows for years, and the World Guardian followed him from the very beginning. Sliske's probing attacks and unseen nature meant that he never truly had a following, but yet still proved to be a pest to the World Guardian's endeavor at first, and a serious threat near the end. Finally, as the forces of Zaros had fallen, the World Guardian embarked on his journey, his force now a fourth of the original size after decades of Divine Warfare. The World Guardian chased Sliske to ever corner of the World, and even as the World Guardian dogged, it knew that even Sliske couldn't go forever. Finally, the chase turned into an Arms Race between the World Guardian and Sliske to see who could gain the most artifacts for the inevitable final battle. Sliske managed to scavenge the Stone of Jas from deep underground, and in the Showdown between the World Guardian and Sliske, the outcome was inevitable.

The World Guardian didn't stand a chance from the Begin. Sliske, empowered one hundredfold by the awesome power of the Stone, was able to dispell the other artifacts with the wave of a finger. The World Guardian, who was once confident that the stone could never be found, dogged. Strategy Fragmented and Body weary with age and tear, the World Guardian tried to put up a fight, but was forced down to the ground before Sliske. But Sliske, always one to enjoy himself, wasn't done. He himself picked up the Stone, and, as Guthix had done ages ago, smashed it into the ground, all force squared directly onto the chest of the World Guardian. The Guardian Screamed, but didn't die, as the power of the Stone magically healed where the impact had destroyed, leaving only the immense pain as a result. The World Guardian, paralyzed with an intense burn, was struck again. And again. Screams silenced... and then turned into chuckling. As Sliske's confusion as to why the Guardian was suddenly enjoying this morphed into rage, the World Guardian continued laughing. Finally, Sliske, resolving now that the pain he had dealt had caused the World Guardian to go insane, smiled to himself and turned to see an army of Dragonkin.

Sliske, now realizing his grave, dire mistake, morphed his face into that of fear and despair. He tried to think fast, but the Dragonkin approached. Flames engulfed him, and Sliske was reduced to ash with a final roar and a black flash.

The World Guardian, smiled stretched wide across his face, got up, the Dragonkins' mouths still dripping with fire. The one infront declared the World Guardian, too, to have been a false user. At this, the World Guardian was still smiling, and asked the Dragonkin if a new shield could be placed around the World, to protect the realm from the Divine False Users. At this, the Dragonkin agreed. At long last, the World Guardian breathed a sigh of relief, and, content with the completion of a mission that had been bestowed upon it long ago by Guthix Himself, the World Guardian approached its end with arms outstretched, and met the fires in an embrace.

The Lands healed in the centuries following. Fact about the World Guardian became myth, and myth became legend as the details were lost to time. A small order, blindly following the World Guardian, formed, even going so far as to giving the World Guardian a name from which they derived the name of the order: The Order of Apostates. This Order carried on in a small fashion as the people of Gielinor, happy with their victory in the Edict Wars, rebuilt their lands.

But in the Darkness, a smile formed once again. A new artifact had been fashioned in the power of that inevitable moment, the Pendant of Sealing. A Pendant designed to open the holes in the new edicts once again. In a familiar, poking, prodding, incessant fashion, this silent force assured himself to never make such a misstep again, and allowed the Gods' Whispers to return to the realm after the centuries following allowed the land to heal. And death would rain down once more, when the wide grinned shadow would achieve his mission, which had only been briefly set back.

And, chuckling in the darkness as the fledgling factions of the Gods formed again, and marched towards another war, the Wide-Grinned One melted back into the Shadows.

_~***~_

How was that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord William

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Eh, that one leaves the impression that the gods rose up one at a time, and then the World Guardian beat each of them down in their turn. It doesn't really have the air of a huge all-out-last-god-standing-war. About Quin, let's see...

Saradomin: Ascertes
Zamorak: Toa
Zaros: Yuccon
Armadyl: Hielan
Bandos: Veylantz
Menaphites: Lime
Seren: Siroki's friend
Marimbo/Apostates: Lime's friend

Don't think we need Quin. Now, the Sliske part was horribly over-detailed. What's your fetish with that guy, really? Just kill him out, and leave it at that. The Dragonkin I don't even want to deal with. Seriously, they're allegedly as powerful as the gods, just get rid of them. They can just die by the World Guardian's hand or something (makes more sense than them just randomly obeying the World Guardian).

Hmm... what else to say? Oh right, I want to get rid of elf crystal, too game-breaking imo, so that's why Seren also needs to go. Needs an explanation as to where the World Guardian got his army, too. The World Guardian is the ultimate hero, make it look like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limes

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:58 pm

You forgot Stanton.

Additionally, I could seed the things with parts where it said that the Gods fought themselves, but the World Guardian took them down methodically.

Additionally, the super-detailed part about Sliske was mostly because I wanted to give Sliske an epic final battle with the World Guardian, and eventually escape demise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lord William

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Stanton is not going to continue playing. I'd like the gods leaving once and for all be simultaneous. One huge epic battle, the World Guardian wins it, commands the gods to leave, then beats the remnants of each of their empires to dust, and vanishes.

Stop being such a Sliske-fan. In order to conserve space, Sliske really shouldn't get a super-detailed death description that takes up a significant portion of the entire story. And like with the second part of William's adventures, I'd like it to be up to the reader to figure out it's Sliske pulling the strings, with it being only somewhat implied. It fits Sliske's style exceptionally well, anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limes

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 pm

I feel like Sliske deserves a more ceremonious death than "And then he died, then end."

Also, I feel like it'd be damn near impossible for the World Guardian to defeat all the Gods in one huge epic battle, and something like that would be something most of the Gods and the World Guardian would avoid. I want to make it feel like an actual Ravaging World War rather than just one immense battle.

Also, I believe Stanton is going to continue playing. We shouldn't single anyone out. If he doesn't abide by the turn time-table, that's his problem, it's not like it's going to cause five hours of your time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasband
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:58 am

I think we're at least coming to a semblance of consensus. This is good!

Lime: William's right about your over-description of Sliske's demise. Keep it to one paragraph, like you did with the rest of the gods. I do agree that a war of attrition is a better way to go, but please be flexible on this point. If we assume Guthix gave the World Guardian the last of his power, then it's entirely plausible for the World Guardian to combat all of the gods at once - just as Guthix had enough power to banish them from the world the first time. He didn't take them down one by one. He said [Attempting to kick/ban deities from this plane of existence], and it worked.

The Second God Wars can be a series of battles and contention both amongst the gods and against the World Guardian while having a final "Armageddon" at the end, which is a fine conclusion.

Let's aim for having only enough factions for the current God Wars players; GW5 won't be ready for at least a month or two, and GW4 may take much longer than that to complete, so who knows what everyone's status will be when we finally start. We can revisit and adjust the lore, if necessary, right before launch, when we have a firm idea of who will and won't be playing.

Interesting post from Lime I discovered as I was cleaning up GW4:

This could solve the "Who will be GM!?" issue. Certainly better than Sliske...

I think I might be able to come up with something that involves mostly William's lore, with a bit of Siroki's, as I like those two the most. I'm fine with the Pendant of Sealing and having the World Guardian die on Gielinor. We can use some of Lime's lore to describe how individual gods were weakened and worn down, forcing them to clash in an "Armageddon", which allowed the World Guardian to create the Pendant and banish them. Ah, perhaps a clever ruse to offer one of the Elder Artifacts, like the Stone of Jas, to the victor of the battle... The gods should've listened to Admiral Ackbar.

I'm also fine with the Pendant banishing other creatures of immense power, such as Mahjarrat and the Dragonkin (if we're going to say the Pendant is forged with the power of ALL TWELVE ELDER ARTIFACTS, this is certainly not overpowered). After that, we'll need to make sure that the gods' influence can still be heard in the world, so that new factions can rise after the World Guardian's death, but they of course can't intervene directly.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:07 am

Alright, I think this will work (though please note any SMALL changes you might want to make):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Guthix was slain at the end of the Fifth Age, his protective Edicts were shattered and the world was open to the gods of the multiverse once more. Gielinor, the prized jewel of so many who had witnessed its beauty and perfection, descended into the chaos and devastation of the Second God Wars. Using silver-tongued emissaries, each of the gods recruited massive armies with which to wage war. Champions arose and battled for faith and glory; in several key battles, the gods themselves clashed with one another. Just as it had in the Third Age, Gielinor was suffering.

Hope for an end to the slaughter lay in one indomitable force: the World Guardian, a mysterious former adventurer who had been touched by the last of Guthix's immense power. Wielding this gift, the World Guardian confronted the invading deities head-on, but suffered defeat at their hands. While Guthix had tried to render the World Guardian immune to the strength of the other gods, they were still able to break his body and crush his spirit. Despite this, his stalwart dedication to expelling the gods from the world kept him going. Eventually, he decided he needed more power to accomplish his task.

The first Elder Artifact the World Guardian obtained was the Stone of Jas. However, he had witnessed what happened to those who abused the Stone's might, so he continued to seek other Artifacts. He visited the Elder Kiln and was consumed by it, compressing its primordial power into himself. With this newfound strength, he visited Guthix's resting place and subdued the crackling energy around Skargaroth's Blade, reforging it into a suitable god-slayer weapon. Armed with the Blade, the World Guardian then sought out the serpent, Sliske, and acquired the Staff of Armadyl after wresting it from the Mahjarrat's cold, dead hands. With four Artifacts in his possession, he was ready to obtain the fifth: Saradomin's Crown.

The World Guardian knew that to slay Saradomin on his own would necessitate the abuse of all of the Artifacts' power. This was something that he feared doing; each Artifact had repercussions that, besides the Stone of Jas, he could not anticipate. He turned to the highly militant, self-proclaimed Godless faction of Guthixians, who shared in the World Guardian's quest. The Godless had been severely crushed by the armies of the gods, yet they still had enough numbers to join in the World Guardian's assault upon Falador, from whence Saradomin ruled. As the Godless tore down the city walls and engaged the Saradominists within, the World Guardian confronted Saradomin himself with the Staff and the Blade. Though the God of Order put up a tremendous fight, pushing the World Guardian to the brink of death, he succumbed to the power of four Elder Artifacts.

He knelt before the World Guardian, broken and bleeding, and his Crown was torn from his skull. Before the World Guardian could strike a killing blow, however, Saradomin teleported away. This was of no concern; using the latent ability of the Crown, the World Guardian was able to locate and collect the other Artifacts, both on Gielinor and on other planes. Only when he possessed the Elder Twelve did the gods realize the threat he posed; he was the solitary enemy they had to vanquish, no matter what.

The World Guardian used this to his advantage. He summoned the remaining Godless to him and led them to the center of the Wilderness, to the crater in which the decrepit skeleton of the Edicts Sword stood. Bandos, Zamorak, Zaros, Tumeken, Armadyl, and a restrengthened Saradomin all came to him with their war-hosts, determined to destroy the World Guardian once and for all. The World Guardian called upon the power of the Elder Twelve, mixing it with his own blood pulsing with Guthix's gift and forging a resplendent amulet that shone like the sun. The World Guardian touched the Edicts Sword with this amulet, sending bolts of lightning racing along its engravings and generating shockwaves that shook the world.

The Sword glowed brightly once again, binding the gods to its will and banishing them from Gielinor. This time, however, the World Guardian took it one step further: He commanded the Sword to expel creatures of great power he'd met in his adventures, especially the Mahjarrat and the Dragonkin. Springing from the Sword, a new Barrier was erected, shielding the world from the destruction of godly beings.

With his quest complete, and extreme weariness from wielding so much power, the World Guardian used the most enigmatic spells he knew to dismiss the Elder Artifacts to places where they would never be found. Although it would take time for the residual power of the Artifacts to drain from his body, the World Guardian felt freed from the unimaginable burden. He named the amulet he'd crafted the Pendant of Sealing; so long as it was intact, the Edicts Sword would maintain the new Barrier. Recognizing the importance of such an item, he kept the Pendant with him always.

The World Guardian declared that the world would be rebuilt as one united realm: the Kingdom of Gielinor. The followers of the banished gods were offered a place in the Kingdom, so long as they agreed to live peacefully. Most accepted the offer; those who didn't were put to the sword. Prolonged by the trace of Elder power in his blood, the World Guardian ruled Gielinor for nearly 200 years. Eventually, though, death claimed him, and he was buried - with the Pendant of Sealing - in a secret tomb.

The Second God Wars comprised the Sixth Age. When the World Guardian established the Sealing Barrier, it marked the beginning of the Seventh Age, in which the world recovered as the Kingdom of Gielinor. Once the World Guardian passed away, the Kingdom could not find a suitable replacement and naturally dissolved into independent sovereignties, as it had been in the Fourth Age. As time passed and these realms moved away from the ideals of the Kingdom of Gielinor, the people within them began to hear the whispers of the banished gods once more. Once again, it seemed, the world was bound to the cycle of conversion, destruction, and salvation that had defined the history of Gielinor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's probably going to sound a bit weird or incomplete in places, but I began writing at 2 AM and spent an hour on it, so I'm done for tonight!
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:13 am

One thing I just want to note: While Guthix didn't need the Elder Twelve to establish his Edicts, he'd been in contact with at least 2 Artifacts for millennia. It seems that the longer you're exposed to one or more Artifacts, the more power you gain, which means that the World Guardian, having only used the Artifacts for a few decades, at most, needs all of their power to do what Guthix did.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:54 am

Shameless few edits to Ascertes' work:

When Guthix was slain at the end of the Fifth Age, his protective Edicts were shattered and the world was open to the gods of the multiverse once more. Gielinor, the prized jewel of so many who had witnessed its beauty and perfection, descended into the chaos and devastation of the Second God Wars. Using silver-tongued emissaries, each of the gods recruited massive armies with which to wage war. Champions arose and battled for faith and glory; in several key battles, the gods themselves clashed with one another. Just as it had in the Third Age, Gielinor was suffering.

Hope for an end to the slaughter lay in one indomitable force: the World Guardian, a mysterious former adventurer who had been touched by the last of Guthix's immense power. Wielding this gift, the World Guardian confronted the invading deities head-on, but suffered defeat at their hands. While Guthix had tried to render the World Guardian immune to the strength of the other gods, they were still able to break his body and crush his spirit. Despite this, his stalwart dedication to expelling the gods from the world kept him going. Eventually, he decided he needed more power to accomplish his task.

The first Elder Artifact the World Guardian obtained was the Stone of Jas. However, he had witnessed what happened to those who abused the Stone's might, so he continued to seek other Artifacts. He visited the Elder Kiln and was consumed by it, compressing its primordial power into himself. With this newfound strength, he visited Guthix's resting place and subdued the crackling energy around Skargaroth's Blade, reforging it into a suitable god-slayer weapon. Armed with the Blade, the World Guardian then sought out the serpent, Sliske, and acquired the Staff of Armadyl after wresting it from the Mahjarrat's cold, dead hands. With four Artifacts in his possession, he was ready to obtain the fifth: Saradomin's Crown.

The World Guardian knew that to slay Saradomin on his own would necessitate the abuse of all of the Artifacts' power. This was something that he feared doing; each Artifact had repercussions that, besides the Stone of Jas, he could not anticipate. He turned to the highly militant, self-proclaimed Godless faction of Guthixians, who shared in the World Guardian's quest. The Godless had been severely crushed by the armies of the gods, yet they still had enough numbers to join in the World Guardian's assault upon Falador, from whence Saradomin ruled. As the Godless tore down the city walls and engaged the Saradominists within, the World Guardian confronted Saradomin himself with the Staff and the Blade. Though the God of Order put up a tremendous fight, pushing the World Guardian to the brink of death, he succumbed to the power of four Elder Artifacts.

He knelt before the World Guardian, broken and bleeding, and his Crown was torn from his skull. Before the World Guardian could strike a killing blow, however, Saradomin teleported away. This was of no concern; using the latent ability of the Crown, the World Guardian was able to locate and collect the other Artifacts, both on Gielinor and on other planes. Only when he possessed the Elder Twelve did the gods realize the threat he posed; he was the solitary enemy they had to vanquish, no matter what.

The World Guardian used this to his advantage. He summoned the remaining Godless to him and led them to the center of the Wilderness, to the crater in which the decrepit skeleton of the Edicts Sword stood. Bandos, Zamorak, Zaros, Tumeken, Armadyl, even Seren and a restrengthened Saradomin all came to him with their war-hosts, determined to destroy the World Guardian once and for all. The World Guardian called upon the power of the Elder Twelve, mixing it with his own blood pulsing with Guthix's gift and forging a resplendent amulet that shone like the sun. The World Guardian touched the Edicts Sword with this amulet, sending bolts of lightning racing along its engravings and generating shockwaves that shook the world.

The Sword glowed brightly once again, binding the gods to its will and banishing them from Gielinor. This time, however, the World Guardian took it one step further: He commanded the Sword to expel creatures of great power he'd met in his adventures, especially the Mahjarrat and the Dragonkin. Springing from the Sword, a new Barrier was erected, shielding the world from the destruction of godly beings.

With his quest complete, and extreme weariness from wielding so much power, the World Guardian used the most enigmatic spells he knew to dismiss the Elder Artifacts to places where they would never be found. Although it would take time for the residual power of the Artifacts to drain from his body, the World Guardian felt freed from the unimaginable burden. He named the amulet he'd crafted the Pendant of Sealing; so long as it was intact, the Edicts Sword would maintain the new Barrier. Recognizing the importance of such an item, he kept the Pendant with him always.

The World Guardian declared that the world would be rebuilt as one united realm: the Kingdom of Gielinor. The followers of the banished gods were offered a place in the Kingdom, so long as they agreed to live peacefully. Most accepted the offer; those who didn't were put to the sword. Prolonged by the trace of Elder power in his blood, the World Guardian ruled Gielinor for nearly 200 years. In his later years he was tormented by increasing paranoia, feeling that his work was incomplete and he was whispered to have turned mad. Then, one day, the World Guardian simply left. Some believe he left to continue battling the gods across the universe, and other say he simply went to die in secret. However, the World Guardian took the Pendant of Sealing with him, and none know where it rests.

The Second God Wars comprised the Sixth Age. When the World Guardian established the Sealing Barrier, it marked the beginning of the Seventh Age, in which the world recovered as the Kingdom of Gielinor. Once the World Guardian passed away, the Kingdom could not find a suitable replacement and naturally dissolved into independent sovereignties, as it had been in the Fourth Age. As time passed and these realms moved away from the ideals of the Kingdom of Gielinor, the people within them began to hear the whispers of the banished gods once more. Once again, it seemed, the world was bound to the cycle of conversion, destruction, and salvation that had defined the history of Gielinor. Runescape would be torn into a cataclysmical war once more, and only one being smiled as it happened. The one who was thought long dead, the one who started it all.

Okay, it's ready.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasband
Admin

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:18 am

Sliskeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also, I like the more mysterious end for the World Guardian.

Lore: COMPLETE. Joy! Jubilation! Happy tiems!

Locking because Lord William says we're using his lore, or a modified version of it, which we've done by incorporating a bit of Siroki and Lime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LORE: Vote!   

Back to top Go down

LORE: Vote!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Drafts-
Jump to: