Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regional Maps

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sirok

Sirok

Ignore This Number : 120

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:23 pm

Discuss the Drawn Maps of Each Region; This Includes Areas of Regions That Are Considered "Battlefields" and Features of These Areas.

Now that our territory-creation-discussion is beginning to wind down I think we can begin discussing that idea about battle maps <3

To start off I have a collection of each area by name.

Spoiler:

I will be writing various notes under each of those names for future reference.

I guess the best way we can do this is possibly using Puuuuuuush in order to choose a spot on the map to use? Otherwise just describe the area and we can go from there.

Last edited by Sirok on Sun May 26, 2013 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated Progress)
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Ignore This Number : 456

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:57 pm

If Sirok really wants to make a map of each region, I say more power to him ;_;

The good thing is, we (should) have a lot of time before GW5 launches!
Back to top Go down
https://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Sirok

Sirok

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:03 pm

Lol.

Most areas should be obvious, so I guess I could start on them in a bit. I'll post 'em in bulk when I get a few done.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

Ignore This Number : 311

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:41 pm

The problem is, we'll need to constantly update the maps as we update the region.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 3:28 pm

That doesn't sound too hard, tho.

Can I be battle master? lol.

Also:
Wat

Last edited by Sirok on Sun May 26, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added maps)
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Wat

Each map will have some kind of gimmick feature that can be used to the persons advantage or disadvantage. Here would be an example of what the BM would post with this:

(Picture)
First: The hills are too high and steep to climb
Second: There are large patches of tall grass around the area that can be used to hide X amount of troops
Third: There is a very sturdy wooden gate that separates the North and South of the battlefield.
Fourth: There is a wooden bridge connecting the two sides of the hills

Or would that be scouting info? I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

Ignore This Number : 322

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:42 pm

Hmm... If we're going to do these maps, I think they should be done between just the two of us, or drawn on the spot when a battle comes. We still have two people here playing the game and if they know in advance what all the battlefields are going to be like... well, that's another unfair advantage. You'll be the one drawing the maps, would you rather do them for every single region before the battle commences or are you fine with drawing them on the spot based on my description of the battlefield?
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:45 pm

I'm pretty sure I can whip these out on the spot. They're pretty fast to make.

Lime, Jasband, that totally ISN'T the map we're going to use if you guys EVER invade ape atoll >.>

<.<

;~;
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:46 pm

Whew, I was hoping you'd say that. This way I don't have to come up with the entire world in one go.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:07 pm

We have plenty of time to come up with the entire world.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:31 pm

Unfortunately you are not entitled to the knowledge of the entire world.
#Unfairadvantage
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Fine! I do support battlefield maps, btw. Good job Siroki! Forum: Total War. This is gonna be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:40 pm

So then should William pm me his ideas of the features of the battlefields (over time, of course) so that I can draw them up for future use?

Or...? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:44 pm

When a battle starts in the game, I will provide a description of the terrain. You can then let your creativity wild and come up with the battlefield. Or I'll describe the battlefield to the last detail and you will just draw the map.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:45 pm

I think it's fine if William comes up with the battlefields as they happen. He can give you an idea, you can make the map, and then it can be included in the Prelude.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:10 pm

I am not entitled to an opinion because I was too busy playing Mass Effect™. Fortunately, I agree with everything here.

THANKS SIROKI!
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:14 pm

Lime and Mass Effect. Inb4MassEffectWars! Citadel Council vs Terminus Systems vs Geth Sovereignty vs the Quarian Fleet vs Batarian Space, GO!
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:21 pm

Jasband wrote:
Lime and Mass Effect. Inb4MassEffectWars! Citadel Council vs Terminus Systems vs Geth Sovereignty vs the Quarian Fleet vs Batarian Space, GO!

All VS ONE (1) Reapers. GF ALL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Regional Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Regional Maps   Regional Maps I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Regional Maps
Page 1 of 1