HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Limes

avatar

Posts : 301
Ignore This Number : 311
Join date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:30 pm

I’m mad. I’m really mad.

If you think the word of the day is Bias, then you are mistaken. It’s unfairness. Unfairness has been plaguing our game from the very beginning.

Yes, there is always a small amount of unfairness when it comes to this, but there is a completely absurd amount of unfairness in a game when one player has no choice but to try and balance three individual armies, each one probably with over 15,000 troops worth, and two of which have demigods at the forefront. Meanwhile, another player has been getting easymode, and has essentially gained two cities in one turn just by Negotiating!

I know we made a deal about this earlier, but I think I finally understand why I am so upset with the God Wars game. Whenever something goes wrong and Toa does something the other players agree should be fixed: Toa has still profited off of it. Yes, I got GOL-3. But that’s not gonna do any good when 15,000 Golems charge at me from two territories away. And, even if I survive, Toa can always finish me off. Toa managed to do something completely illegal by the previous rules and by current rules, and yet, the victims have been given some very minor form of compensation, and Toa can go on his merry way. There is no punishment for breaking the rules for him. And don’t give me that “IT WAS LEGITIMATE TO ME” bullshit. You know what was Legitimate to me? William surviving past the point where he surrendered in God Wars 3. Yet, I still had to take William out of the game because the playerbase said so. Fortunately for them, William was unable to make any real impact, and nobody really had to be compensated.

You said that you wanted to leave the position of Gamemaster better than you found it. I have two words for how you do that: Fix it. Own up to the fact that the game is imbalanced, and, of course it is imbalanced when one player can just talk his way into controlling three major cities and another player is surrounded by 45,000 troops and 2 demigod-level opponents, and then do something about it. Restore the Balance. Either you go all hardmode, or you go all easymode. Don’t drop one player in a completely different league as another, put them all in the same challenges and difficulties. That is how you restore the Gamemaster Title.

I don't want the compensation, I don't want the whole "Oh, you get Menaphos but Uzer is going to rampage." I want this thing to be put o the way it would've been if Toa had not conducted that secret voyage. GOL-3 and W.M. for my and Brony's worries is enough. But now, you need to fix the damn problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasband
Admin
avatar

Posts : 395
Ignore This Number : 456
Join date : 2013-04-28

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:31 pm

As a side note, it's a good idea to discuss/fight about this here because there's plenty of space on this forum, it's easier and more accessible than PMs (especially for Veylantz, who gets a lot of them each turn), and it doesn't pollute the game thread. Lime, drop some of the other stats you shared with me last night! They were pretty ugly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Veylantz



Posts : 34
Ignore This Number : 34
Join date : 2013-08-02

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:32 am

Jasband wrote:
Lime, drop some of the other stats you shared with me last night! They were pretty ugly.
Yes, please do.


Limes wrote:
If you think the word of the day is Bias, then you are mistaken. It’s unfairness. Unfairness has been plaguing our game from the very beginning.
No, it is still Bias. However that is only the visible symptom. It is really mistrust, as stated in earlier conversations.

You mistrust me as a Gamemaster, plain and simple. You believe that you are playing by a different set of rules. You are not. You are playing by them badly.

Menaphos and Sophanem are akin to the Wilderness Demons. You left them alone, and are being hurt for ignoring them for so long. If you had continued what you were doing early on, we wouldn't be having this mess. However you're response is that I forgot to reply to one of your messages... so? What happens when a pen pal forgets to respond? You cut all ties? No! So, don't blame that on me. Their situation has been as it is from the start. Turn 4 Report shows it, so it was nothing new.

Uzerites have always been distrustful. There is no getting around that. However, I don't think that you're concerned about their mechanic, but the popularity of negative mechanics near to you.

But, you've mentioned Demigod-level opponents. Since I do not have your trust, I do not have anything to lose, when it comes to you. In the next spoiler is a list of exceptionally powerful opponents which reside in GW4. It is not complete, as I have left out the Siphon Core related opponents, of which I will give no information. If you want to ruin the game for yourself in relation to surprises, read it. Otherwise, move on and have an awesome day.

Spoiler:
 

As you can see, or take on faith if you did not view, the spread is fairly even. If we were to count clusters on each half of the map (with all of Misthalin being on the RHS), we have 7 clusters per side. Note that this does not include the active Warbands, nor the Siphon Core related opponents. Additionally, there are lesser opponents which you all face on a season-to-season basis.

So I believes that covers the "restore the balance" blurb you had. I hope I now have a little more of your trust, even though I had to purchase it.



As for the Uzerite / Menpahos deal, you agreed to the terms. You agreed to Menaphos mission success chance increased to 75%, and the Uzerites are delayed by 7 Seasons. So, by refusing a deal you have agreed to, you are being no better than the person you claim to hate: Toa, who has done the same to you.

But, I am better than that. I know it is an illegitimate move, but last night (from my perspective), it was compensated to your, then, satisfaction. Because of this, Toa's Uzerite sabotage will be undone, and you go back to your uneasy peace. Your roll with the Menaphos mission continues as per normal, and if you do fail, you will be attacked within the next 5 Seasons from them. However if you do succeed, you will own the Kingdom within the next 5 Seasons. It is indeed all or nothing.

However, there is no compensation whatsoever. Your GOL-3 and the MSMK's WM goes back to the state it was before all of this. I do not care that GOL-3 was Stage 2/4, and WM was stage 3/4, and that time has passed since then.


Last edited by Veylantz on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limes

avatar

Posts : 301
Ignore This Number : 311
Join date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:51 am

You forgot the Desert Mining Camp. And how has Toa seemingly dealt with this army in one turn?

Alright. Toa gets an easy free city, like I did: Al-Kharid. But then he gets Oo'glog easy, and Mobilizing Armies too. How'd he even reach out and get North Kandarin, again? What happened to all of these menaces in Kandarin and Karamja? Oh, and this Queen Black Dragon Clone, how come this didn't wake up when an entire army moves in just above it?

Of course I don't trust you as a gamemaster. When mistakes happen, you say to fix them, but then nothing gets done. Toa still profits. Or Yuccon beats me in negotiations with a city I rebuilt and he has never met. Or Toa manages to kick me out of a city because somehow his tech was supposedly non-magical in its end-goals. But I fail to see how this end as you told us it is being non-magical. I fail to see how it'll help the dwarves understand Chaos Dwarves. Tree Gnome Stronghold and the Keep LA Faye were pushovers in terms of armies. Where's his 15,000 soldier problem? I have one: The DMC. I nearly had a problem at the CMS region, just by moving in. Why isn't this happening to them?

It's hard to believe you're not in the enemy camp when the guys I'm fighting haven't encountered as many problems as I have, or Jascertes has. I'm sorry if this is driving you away from God Wars, but when you say you're seeing a dark side in all of the players, remember that I can see a dark side in you too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Veylantz



Posts : 34
Ignore This Number : 34
Join date : 2013-08-02

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:15 am

Desert Mining Camp? No, that one is Siphon Core related, and you know that.



Limes wrote:
And how has Toa seemingly dealt with this army in one turn?

So, which army are you referring to?



Limes wrote:
Alright. Toa gets an easy free city, like I did: Al-Kharid. But then he gets Oo'glog easy, and Mobilizing Armies too. How'd he even reach out and get North Kandarin, again?

The free city you're referring to is Gu'tanoth, right. He bought Yanille. Oo'glog and Mobalising Armies would have kicked his ass, similar to the Uzerites and you, but he brought Usityus. You were never made aware, but Usityus is related to Enakhra, her son. Similar to your Javrav (idk the spelling). This diffused the situation, and won her over. She would not participate in the fight, given how she is protecting the remnants of Grutzam's Army, but would act as a sentinel of the south.

North Kandarin was won from the Talonnians.



Limes wrote:
What happened to all of these menaces in Kandarin and Karamja? Oh, and this Queen Black Dragon Clone, how come this didn't wake up when an entire army moves in just above it?

Be more specific. As for the Clone, she was already awake. In fact, she hatched from an egg within Draynor Village that was found on Season 5 by the Demon Warband. Meta-game-wise, they stopped due to William's pestering, but lore-wise they stopped because they found the egg. This is why she was not in Rimmington.



Limes wrote:
Yuccon beats me in negotiations with a city I rebuilt and he has never met.

I already informed you via PM that the King was corrupted by Dark Magic. Guess who lives next to Falador? Dark Wizards! You know those runes that were being traded from the Alysannians? They had a sinister purpose.



Limes wrote:
Toa manages to kick me out of a city because somehow his tech was supposedly non-magical in its end-goals. But I fail to see how this end as you told us it is being non-magical.

I never said it was non-magical in nature. I simply said that the dwarves were interested in the non-magical aspects. I later went on to say that your assumption that the dwarves were never interested in magic was completely ludicrous. It would be stupid to ignore all magic, and that would get them killed by someone with advanced magical weaponry.

I mentioned the Chaos Dwarves, as they are the product of magic used on dwarves. Because of this ability to be turned into horrible creatures, wouldn't the existing dwarves want to be wary of magic? Well, the dwarves of Keldagrim are interested in magical things not out of curiosity, but out of carefulness. If you're weakness was Kryptonite, would not you be interested in what developments utilize Kryptonite, so that you can be better prepared?



Limes wrote:
Tree Gnome Stronghold and the Keep LA Faye were pushovers in terms of armies.

Tree Gnome Stronghold was a facepalm of a battle. The Gnomes' main advantage was the Grand Tree. It was an Ent, meant to be near-equal footing to the Ritual Guardian! What did I get on my first battle not as the Battlemaster? A normal tree that got blasted to bits.

Keep le Faye had a troop restriction. The region is only large enough for the Keep itself and a small distance between it and the exterior walls of the region. You can't fit many thousands of troops there!

Limes wrote:
I nearly had a problem at the CMS region, just by moving in.

You started harvesting their resources! I told you that the region was inhabited.



Limes wrote:
I'm sorry if this is driving you away from God Wars, but when you say you're seeing a dark side in all of the players, remember that I can see a dark side in you too.

Stop looking in the mirror.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limes

avatar

Posts : 301
Ignore This Number : 311
Join date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:51 am

Veylantz wrote:

Limes wrote:
And how has Toa seemingly dealt with this army in one turn?

So, which army are you referring to?

Grutzum's.


Veylantz wrote:

Limes wrote:
Alright. Toa gets an easy free city, like I did: Al-Kharid. But then he gets Oo'glog easy, and Mobilizing Armies too. How'd he even reach out and get North Kandarin, again?

The free city you're referring to is Gu'tanoth, right. He bought Yanille. Oo'glog and Mobalising Armies would have kicked his ass, similar to the Uzerites and you, but he brought Usityus. You were never made aware, but Usityus is related to Enakhra, her son. Similar to your Javrav (idk the spelling). This diffused the situation, and won her over. She would not participate in the fight, given how she is protecting the remnants of Grutzam's Army, but would act as a sentinel of the south.

Enakhra would've killed Javarev without hesitation. If there are other Mahjarrat, then there is still a risk of being sacrificed. That plus Javarev being an abomination and insane. Anyways, Toa gets a free pass when it comes to Enakhra, but I have to spend dozens of turns developing Golem Technology, and even then still risk being attacked? Toa pretty much annexed Oo'glog and Mobilizing Armies, it was a free gift. He gets resource collection, and he gets gold income, and the defence is free. And what? All he had to do was wave around a mahjarrat that wasn't even his? He's gotten a better deal than I got from Menaphos for those few turns that I owned it! That's the type of easymode stuff that I'm mad about.


Veylantz wrote:

Limes wrote:
What happened to all of these menaces in Kandarin and Karamja? Oh, and this Queen Black Dragon Clone, how come this didn't wake up when an entire army moves in just above it?

Be more specific. As for the Clone, she was already awake. In fact, she hatched from an egg within Draynor Village that was found on Season 5 by the Demon Warband. Meta-game-wise, they stopped due to William's pestering, but lore-wise they stopped because they found the egg. This is why she was not in Rimmington.

The Tokhaar, the Barbarians/Dwarves. The TokHaar haven't stirred up any issues at all! Also, the fact that the "Rimmington" Threat was not actually in Rimmington but in Draynor Village, where there is ANOTHER threat is just stupid.


Veylantz wrote:

Limes wrote:
I'm sorry if this is driving you away from God Wars, but when you say you're seeing a dark side in all of the players, remember that I can see a dark side in you too.

Stop looking in the mirror.

Don't pretend like you don't have one. Everyone does. Like it or not, you're still human just like everyone else, including me. You definitely have at least one flaw.



Additionally, I'd like to point out that there is a ship with 2,500 Bandosian Troops in between my capital and Brony's Capital. It has evaded pursuing ships... somehow. This got here without any major notification, and for this reason, I feel that you should recompensate us with GOL-3 and W.M. If that is wrong, then let me rephrase how I put in the O.P: Finishing our technologies was the apology. It's expected that when you wrong someone, you give them some sort of apology. What is absolutely without-a-doubt needed is for the problem to be fixed. Well? Reverting the mistake is the problem fix, and the gifting of technology is the apology.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Veylantz



Posts : 34
Ignore This Number : 34
Join date : 2013-08-02

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:41 am

Spoiler:
 

Above is the post I was going to make. Disregard the intentions behind it, but I felt I should post it there to show you what I originally meant to say, before praying. As a Christian, I am taught that "A soft answer turneth away wrath". If I were to answer harshly, as we have been doing, it would only cause even more fighting. I am not the one to Judge you, nor am I the Jury or Executioner. Apologies are not earned when I choose for them to be.

I do not have any trust from you, Lime. I accept that now it is too far gone to rectify the past with you. You will not listen to what I say, and your mind is set. That is fine. But, I will try to make amends, start fresh, and move on so the future is brighter than the past, and present.

I am sorry.

I am sorry that I did not make things clear, sorry that it appeared I was being bias, sorry for blaming you for my some of my mistakes, and sorry for appearing to be your opposition.

William, I understand there has been strife between us sometimes. I feel this is over, but if you feel any of the above statement should also be directed to you, then it is.

To fix this problem, the Uzerites go back to their uneasy peace with the Nardan Commonwealth. The civilians are locked up, and life comfortable lives until they are set free.

As an apology to the Nardans, GOL-3 remains completed. As an apology to the MSMK, WM remains completed. As an apology to the Bandosians, their ship can remain in the open waters east of Morytania.

I hope this is acceptable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limes

avatar

Posts : 301
Ignore This Number : 311
Join date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:54 am

Uh..

Wow. I expected to have to go on for longer.

I may have misjudged you. In fact, I probably did so, and for that I'm very sorry. I probably made that argument when I was very tired and frustrated from both cooking 25,000 monkfish. However, this does rest my concerns. Thank you very much for listening to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasband
Admin
avatar

Posts : 395
Ignore This Number : 456
Join date : 2013-04-28

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:05 pm

No spam in the thread, conflict resolved. A good day for all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Sirok

avatar

Posts : 108
Ignore This Number : 120
Join date : 2013-05-25
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:15 am



Toa's so rude to me now ;~; lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limes

avatar

Posts : 301
Ignore This Number : 311
Join date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:55 am

Well, the thing is, I don't believe that the reason he dislikes the concept of the GM and BM situation in GW5, because it's pretty much the same type of stuff as in God Wars 4: Math, Formulas. I don't want to say much more than that, but he knows almost nothing about GW5 except that William will be Gamemaster and Siroki will be Battlemaster, and that we'll be using Math and Formulas just like in GW4. So, I don't understand what he's complaining about. I'm pretty sure it's just a post-butchery/betrayal rant.

EDiT: Also, I don't understand why this was posted here.

But it did remind me that, when we release this, there will be questions as we didn't involve too many other people. So, I'll start trying to formulate some mid-GW4-friendly reasoning, and start-of-GW5-friendly reasoning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasband
Admin
avatar

Posts : 395
Ignore This Number : 456
Join date : 2013-04-28

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Limes wrote:
But it did remind me that, when we release this, there will be questions as we didn't involve too many other people. So, I'll start trying to formulate some mid-GW4-friendly reasoning, and start-of-GW5-friendly reasoning.
I'm not sure what you mean by "mid-GW4-friendly reasoning", but the explanation for the others is "I"m sure we're all considering ideas for GW5." Don't go suggesting we've made significant progress. It's unavoidable to start looking to the future when we come across frustrating or half-baked stuff in GW4, but don't keep attention on it.

Truly, the reasoning has never changed. However, now that the bulk of development is complete and we're just testing and fine-tuning, I actually wouldn't mind bringing on a few more people. The reason why I've enjoyed GW5 development a lot more is the fact that we spent a lot of time on the major mechanics, we discussed disagreements with calm rationality, and we always came to agreements. I'm not saying this isn't possible with the full cast of GW4, but I think it'd be much harder because of multiple reasons. One, a player may have a very strong opinion on a topic that affected them directly in GW4, such as how Toa might now feel about math and formulas. Ignorantly saying that they're not needed because he blames them for losing the battle is an unnecessary contribution to this game's development. Two, it's naturally harder to come to a consensus on something when there's more people involved. Again, not impossible, but if it's unnecessary to have more voices, I'd rather avoid it.

(On a side note, I understand Toa's frustration about rooftops and whatnot - I've always felt those tactics to be cheap and petty - but he had an opportunity to claim the high ground and didn't).

Another thing to consider is is that a lot of things sound great when they're first proposed, but they're really not good ideas in the long run. Although we've only recently started playtesting, this forum's been here for 4 months. We've had a lot of time to mull over every single idea proposed here, and that's how we've come to our conclusions. Bringing in more people will probably push development back by another month or two, which may or may not be acceptable depending on how close GW4 is to ending. If newcomers agree with most of the established mechanics but offer suggestions while playtesting, that would actually be the ideal situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Limes

avatar

Posts : 301
Ignore This Number : 311
Join date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:33 pm

The problem is that when GW5 comes out, all of a sudden, people will want an answer as to why they weren't involved in the design process. And, while Jascertes' Answer of "Too many chefs spoiled the soup" is really rational, everyone would have their own reasons as to why they feel that they should've been involved in the design process. And then we have all those feelings of Betrayal and stuff that Veylantz had when we first told them.

For example, Toa may argue that since he was the most powerful player in GW4, he should be in the GW5 discussion because the people who fought him and lost may try and push things against him next time around. Or Yuccon might say that since he was in the God Wars for the entire series, and has been a player, not an administrator, ever time, he has the most playing experience and therefore he should be let in on the design team. Or Stanton might argue that Siroki has only just been let in on God Wars, while Stanton has been watching it for years, and that the major game-making decisions shouldn't be left to the new guys. That last example actually illustrates another point: People may see other people unworthy of being on the design team! For example, Toa may see me as extraneous, and may resent my involvement as just more GPA members stacking the odds against him next time around.

But my point is, while it is true that GW4 may have been spoiled because we tried to mash in too many people's opinions of how it works, nobody wants to be the guy that got left out of the design team. I feel like people will react badly when we let them know how this stuff came to be.

Also, I do have some small fears that people will start coming up with their own ideas about how God Wars V should work, and then try and hook up those ideas to the finished GWV product. It'd be hard to convince them otherwise then, and if it does get added, we have no idea how it'd affect the rest of the game.

I think a good way to quell these problems would be a good on-thread explanation, but most stuff should be kept anonymous, and should be led to believe that we're much slower on in the design phase than we actually are. Just making up our minds on basic concepts: Deciding to attempt to kill the Alliance System, stuff like that. That way, we let people know that this is going on, and why they aren't being involved in development (however, all the devs should be completely anonymous, except for Vey, Siroki, and William, and since Toa is suspicious, possibly me as a consultant). Additionally, people wouldn't waste their time coming up with stuff we don't want added to the system.

On a side note, maybe we should make a seperate thread for this subject?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Veylantz



Posts : 34
Ignore This Number : 34
Join date : 2013-08-02

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:54 am

Jasband wrote:
(On a side note, I understand Toa's frustration about rooftops and whatnot - I've always felt those tactics to be cheap and petty - but he had an opportunity to claim the high ground and didn't).
The high ground tactic only won Lime a +25% effectiveness to his side. In the grand scheme of the formula, it is not much. However, it was enough to prolong the battle long enough. If Toa had ran for the high ground, he would not have so great of an advantage as you believe, as he would have wasted a battle turn doing so. He would have won if his Spellcasters didn't take a battle turn off looking for cover. I am sure he never actually intended them to not attack, and only actually physically and completely hide if under attack, not hide completely and utterly while the Assassins are being pummeled. But, that is how he worded it, and got shat on by the formula in the following battle turns, not dealing enough damage as a result.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasband
Admin
avatar

Posts : 395
Ignore This Number : 456
Join date : 2013-04-28

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:25 am

Limes wrote:
Lime's reasoning st00f
Yeah, you've got good points, which is why I'm considering opening it up to everyone.
The reasoning in my last post kind of supports either option (keeping it limited or bringing everyone in); now that the major development is done, the big issues that made it into GW4 because of rushed development have been taken care of. If you want to compare this to a commercial game, we may be ready to move into Open Beta stage (even though I know the thread is called "Alpha" Razz).

I'd say let's finish the Alpha (remember, it'll only go for ~10 turns) and then bring everyone in. Before that, I need Veylantz's opinion on how comprehensible the drafts are for someone reading them with no prior knowledge of GW5; I want to bring people up to speed quickly so they can offer feedback right away.
 
Limes wrote:
On a side note, maybe we should make a seperate thread for this subject?
By the power of... Powerabuse, it has been rectified.

If we do decide to bring in the others, please remind me to delete Veylantz's post. You know the one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Limes

avatar

Posts : 301
Ignore This Number : 311
Join date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:47 am

But then the issue will be that people will wonder and get angry about why they weren't included in early development.

And, remember, GW4 is what killed GW3, so I don't want to release it so early that GW4 dies.

I'm getting that feeling that there's no way that this will go down well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasband
Admin
avatar

Posts : 395
Ignore This Number : 456
Join date : 2013-04-28

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:44 pm

Limes wrote:
But then the issue will be that people will wonder and get angry about why they weren't included in early development.

And, remember, GW4 is what killed GW3, so I don't want to release it so early that GW4 dies.

I'm getting that feeling that there's no way that this will go down well.
Yeah, I forgot about that "losing interest in GW4" part. GW4 is at a much further point than GW3 was when we began GW4 development, though. I don't think people are going to drop 8 months' worth of work now that PvP has started just to play an unfinished version of the next installment. To be honest, I'm not even sure how many current GW4 players want to play GW5, for various reasons, so opening up testing and seeing who's still interested - maybe some people are on the fence now, but will like it once they play it - could do some good.

Yes, they'll be mad about not being included from the start, but again, the reasoning is there and it's solid. I'm willing to bet many of the ideas the others may individually have come up with for GW5 have already been discussed here (e.g., Veylantz and his sea sectors copy), because as God Wars players, we all see the same faults and shortcomings in GW4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Limes

avatar

Posts : 301
Ignore This Number : 311
Join date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:00 pm

I'm still against the full opening of GW5. At least not until this whole Buried Hatchet/GPA war gets some.closure. GW4 may have been a tad rushed, but that's no reason to rush its finish or rush the development of GW5.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limes

avatar

Posts : 301
Ignore This Number : 311
Join date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:26 pm





fuck.

I think we can suitably blame Moe for this, as that's who Walter is blaming for mucking up the website.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Veylantz



Posts : 34
Ignore This Number : 34
Join date : 2013-08-02

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:11 am

Lime, enough with the stalling as its not working Razz 

I recommend you three make your turns asap, taking into account Ascertes' situation, of course. But, try to be done as soon as you can because stalling the discussion of GW5 is fighting a losing battle. With GW4 halted, and the forums ready for new threads, it is logically obvious to spend the down time working on the next version. So, rather than you guys discouraging it, I urge you to simply show that you are working on the next turn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Veylantz



Posts : 34
Ignore This Number : 34
Join date : 2013-08-02

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:03 am



Lime, it seems you have fallen prey to the very thing you are worried about. You have begun disregarding the current person in the seat of Gamemaster, because you feel that the real person that you should be looking to is William. Why? Because of this development into GW5, you have already elevated William for the upcoming GM, so have - unintentionally or not - downgraded the current GM.

I suggest that before you make any more non-turn posts, you reread what you've written from an objective standpoint and see how it sounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Limes

avatar

Posts : 301
Ignore This Number : 311
Join date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:00 am

Actually I was just mad that when Toa instigates things that I'm being the one yelled at.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Veylantz



Posts : 34
Ignore This Number : 34
Join date : 2013-08-02

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:29 am

He just told you to stop acting like an idiot. He never said you were an idiot, but that your attitude and actions were like that of an idiot. I understand his comments, but I would have used the word snobbish for your actions at that point.

Lime wrote:
Fix this information, and MAYBE I'll take this complaint about my bookkeeping seriously.
See? Quite rude if you ask me. Toa did not instigate this, you perpetuated it from stubborn comments to offensive comments.

(EDIT: But, no need to continue this line of discussion. Toa has apologized, so have you, and that should be the end of it.)

Also just so you know, I talk to Toa a lot and reprimand him when he goes off course. So keep in mind that you really only see your half of the reprimanding comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jasband
Admin
avatar

Posts : 395
Ignore This Number : 456
Join date : 2013-04-28

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:11 pm

So, I understand that GW4 sort of... blew up... but as we've all agreed, its development was rushed and perhaps it's a good thing that we're now all focused on the future. Obviously, I've been gone for a while and I do apologize, but after finishing college, getting a few industry certifications, and adjusting to a full-time IT job, I'd say the direction I'm headed in is pretty good. In order to get there, I had to sacrifice a few things, including RS. That's not the only reason, of course; there's also the fact that since the "high" months of the summer, when RS3 came out and everything was exciting, I've lost a fair bit of interest in the game, though I'm glad Saradomin won the Battle of Lumbridge and I have yet to do Birthright of the Dwarves. Maybe some of the clan drama affected me as well, but I know the solution to that is not to just avoid it.

I could and should have kept closer tabs on GW4/GW5, but it's hard for me to focus on more than one thing seriously at a time. I'm posting now because I'm ready to focus on the forum game we all know and love once more. RS will still be a secondary priority, with all of my free gaming time going to finishing Skyrim finally and completely (a personal goal I have), then enjoying Total War: Rome II - the strategy series which has fueled many of the advances in God Wars development - then playing other games I'm anticipating, like Watch Dogs and Titanfall, before returning to RS in full force. I would've approved Yuccon, Unguis, and Toa much sooner, but Forumotion's system for Admin approval is... lackluster, at best. I received no notifications that new members were waiting for acceptance, so I didn't check it until now. My apologies to you three; we will most likely start the Alpha fresh once you've gotten a chance to read over the Discussions/Drafts forums, which isn't a huge loss seeing as we're only 2 seasons in Razz.

I don't expect development to immediately pick back up now that I'm back; I know others may also be distracted by real life, and that's fine. No matter what, we're going to keep this place a calm and constructive bastion for suggestions and improvements; I really hope to avoid the arguments that plagued GW4, though I know those mainly appeared in the mid-game - where lovingly-crafted factions and months of playtime were at risk. Let's forget about the past, focus on the present, and create something awesome for the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Toa Takanuva



Posts : 43
Ignore This Number : 43
Join date : 2013-10-12
Location : Somewhere in the universe.

PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:27 am

Jasband wrote:
I really hope to avoid the arguments that plagued GW4, though I know those mainly appeared in the mid-game - where lovingly-crafted factions and months of playtime were at risk. Let's forget about the past, focus on the present, and create something awesome for the future.
Well, I have started to forgive the arguments that was mid-late game GW4. See, even though there were annoying players (at points) on the game, there were nice people, too. I wanted to end the recent Lime argument on good terms, and I finally narrowed it down to just stepping out of it, like so. I do really hope, Jascertes, that Lime takes heed, and actually calms down and God Wars V is rid of horrible, horrible arguments like God Wars IV.

So, I will participate in the playtest. Heck, I might even play the game. I just don't know yet. But, I will say, that I did feel betrayed about the birth of this forum. Reasons are reasons, but, I've cooled off about that.


Now, William, I am fine with the story of GWV and all that, but, I think that any roleplaying game, not just God Wars V, should have freedom of character lore, or just lore in general. So, I have something for you to, in Jascertes' own words, digest on:

A) Have a Setting, but, split the setting into points. For example, this setting, the points would be:
1. No gods in the realm.
2. Sliske roaming as Evil Overlord and influencing everyone.
3. World Guardian.

The character lore can be nearly anything, but must express one of the above points. For example, my character can know that his god isn't in the realm, and sets to find out whoever did it, and still has belief that his god will flourish. This, for example, would set the point for A and would be approved.

As a better example, my character can be the descendant of the World Guardian OR someone in his council in the Kingdom of Gielinor. This would qualify for Point 3.

Do you get where I am going at?


Also, William, if I do indeed play God Wars V, I hope that A) I will play as someone other than Zamorak or B) If I don't than Morytania won't be as it was in God Wars 3: A prison.

EDIT: Also, we seriously, seriously need to get Yuccon to look over that map of yours. It's good, just needs a touch of Yuccon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)   

Back to top Go down
 
State of GW5 Development (and Some Stale Limeraeg!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: GW4 Discussion-
Jump to: