Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Magic, Artifacts & Paragons

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lord William

Lord William

Ignore This Number : 322

Magic, Artifacts & Paragons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magic, Artifacts & Paragons   Magic, Artifacts & Paragons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 2:46 pm

The problem with having completely predetermined stories is that I seriously can't be expected to predict the course of the entire game before it even begins! And then with the paragons being random and all, I wouldn't really get to even design them. At most I could do one quest for each faction (that is, for their warlord), and that'd be incredibly boring, right?

Anyways, what I had in mind with the adventurers was more like this: there are adventurers that travel around the land on quests, going from town to town and such. The adventurer doesn't always pay allegiance to any god, but he usually won't be hostile towards any, either. Now, if you find out an adventurer is passing through your city, you may want to seek him out and through a bit of coaxing learn what he's doing. And when you find out what the adventurer's quest is, you can help him out. Then you get to help him on his quest and hope for a reward.

Sometimes the adventurer is looking for an artifact, sometimes he may be working on doing something for an npc state, sometimes he may be sabotaging an npc state. Depending on the outcome of the quest, you get different rewards, like the adventurer joining your faction as a paragon, or perhaps the adventurer will share some long lost knowledge he's found on his adventures, or maybe you want to double-cross him and steal the artifact he's been hunting. I want the player to have a lot of control over the outcome.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

Ignore This Number : 120

PostSubject: Re: Magic, Artifacts & Paragons   Magic, Artifacts & Paragons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 5:06 pm

I like.

So we are to come up with some adventurers for this system eventually to be randomly wandering the world? if we do this, that is
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Magic, Artifacts & Paragons   Magic, Artifacts & Paragons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Rather, I'm going to come up with adventurers. I can't really allow you three having an unfair advantage over everyone else, now can I?
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

Ignore This Number : 120

PostSubject: Re: Magic, Artifacts & Paragons   Magic, Artifacts & Paragons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 5:27 pm

lol orite
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Ignore This Number : 456

PostSubject: Re: Magic, Artifacts & Paragons   Magic, Artifacts & Paragons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:49 pm

So, uh, is this adventuring thing gonna be a thing?
Back to top Go down
https://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Magic, Artifacts & Paragons   Magic, Artifacts & Paragons - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:23 am

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic, Artifacts & Paragons   Magic, Artifacts & Paragons - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic, Artifacts & Paragons
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussions-
Jump to: