Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sirok

Sirok

Ignore This Number : 120

Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! Empty
PostSubject: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:20 pm

Some of my ideas that I have been presenting have been slight alterations based off of discussions I've been having with a co-worker. This co-worker, (who, by the way, knows basically everything that's going on in GW4) at one point asked me the following question:

"Would it be alright if I joined GW5?"

Now... I know some problems arise. One being that GW4 is nowhere near complete; meaning he'll have to wait quite a while before GW5 even BEGINS to become public. Another problem is that he's not a Scryer, nor a current Runescape Player (He used to play a lot back in the day - Killed everyone with his dragon dagger apparently.) So I don't think he could get access to the Forums without special permission from up top.

Now... The thing is... He's REALLY into these type of conquering factions style of forum games. He would make a wonderful addition to the team, and is actually wanting to fill the roles of factions who would be otherwise left in the dust (I mentioned Quin, Seren, and Sliske to him - he was intrigued by all of them.) I just wanted to run this by you guys, just in case it was in any way feasible.

(Or he can replace Stanton in GW4 lololololololol)
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Ignore This Number : 456

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:26 pm

We do need some more people who are interested, so I don't mind him playing (the Forum Games section is visible to guests, but I think Robo/New Website Admin Guy have a class for people who aren't Scryers, but who can still post in the public forums). However, I want to keep this design team as small as possible, because I feel that what happened with GW4 was that "too many cooks spoiled the broth." Not in every aspect of the game, but certainly in some things that are now starting to cause problems in the mid-game.

William is going to be GM, so he has to be here - plus, he's taken the reins on the mess that is research.

Lime's comic relief, a good supply of Toa-aimed rage, and the creator of the God Wars series, so he has to be here. Oh, and he's pretty good at arguing for the benefits of Trade (le gasp!)

I'm awesome, so I have to be here.

Siroki, William probably told you this, but you can provide some insight from the perspective of a smaller faction that may not have had as much time to do the things the rest of us have (though I'd say you're progressing fine). Some of the ideas you've proposed after just a few days being here are quite good, even things like the region maps which I had always wanted to do, but figured no one had the time for.

So, TL;DR, I'd prefer if he didn't join the development process. If he feeds you some good ideas and you want to suggest them while giving him credit, that's fine. I'll have a sort of Credits thing for GW5, since it's more complex than any previous version.

... Ignoring all of the above, I could bring him in for playtesting. It depends how many people we'll need. At this rate, I don't expect to start playtesting for at least 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
https://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Lord William

Lord William

Ignore This Number : 322

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:04 pm

I'm willing to allow it, but no goddamn Sliske/Quin factions! Sliske only has fans and Quin isn't even a god!!! iadgjoagjlog

On a more controlled note, I don't think we'll need 5 people for a playtest (yes, I do intend to play myself), but I guess it could work? What do you guys think?

(So yes, he can come and play the finished product, but I'm also a bit reserved on inviting him to design the game.)
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

Ignore This Number : 120

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:12 pm

Oh, I didn't mean for the development process, I meant only for the game itself! I figured you guys didn't want any more planners.

So yeah. When the time comes, I'll PM Robo or whoever requesting that he can be made a non-scryer forum-member.

And I'll be sure to tell my co-worker that this may not happen for QUITE a while. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

Ignore This Number : 311

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:54 pm

Alright, I was about to go off on a tangent as to why Quin/Sliske should be gods, but nobody's gonna choose them unless we have an overflow of players anyways. So, I propose we leave them as Reserve Gods.

But, the fact is, all the Main Gods and Marimbo are filled up now, so we have to have one of them xD
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Limes wrote:
But, the fact is, all the Main Gods and Marimbo are filled up now, so we have to have one of them xD

wat

Okay, let's think about this, assuming everyone in GW4 wants to play GW5.

Saradomin: Me
Desert Pantheon: Lime
Zamorak: Toa
Bandos: Veylantz
Armadyl: Unguis
Zaros: Eh, Yuccon?
Seren: Stanton
Apostates: Siroki
Marimbo: Brony

So if the above holds true, then we'll need one for Mystery Man. Hopefully, someone like Stanton won't want to play (inb4WilliamthinksI'mbullyingnow).
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:25 pm

Stanton will probably want to play.

Welcome to the game, Quin!
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:32 pm

Actually, Siroki is our battlemaster. He won't be playing.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:33 pm

wot.

I don't *think* he's our battlemaster. I think he just draws the maps...
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:35 pm

Then you're wrong. Siroki and I've discussed this and he wants to be the battlemaster, so I let him.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Hey, cool, that's fine with me. The role is better split up anyways. William's going to have enough math to do each Seasonal Report.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:41 pm

I was under the impression that William was gonna micromanage ERRYthing.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:50 pm

Limes wrote:
I was under the impression that William was gonna micromanage ERRYthing.

He came up with a cool formula (though we still need to finalize attack/defence/morale values for troops... I think...), so all Siroki has to do is plug the numbers in, run 'em through, and then write up a nice flowery description full of blood and gore.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:54 pm

It's not as simple as it may seem, really...
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:05 pm

Math is never as simple as it seems. That's why wizards must perform it.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Jasband wrote:
Math is never as simple as it seems. That's why wizards must perform it.

Math is black magic Confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:15 pm

Damn. I've been discovered. Now, let me distract you with a derivation curse while I make my escape!

D(xx+3x4-lg(log7(x))·exln(x)

Suckers!
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:16 pm

The very fact that William can easily type subscript and superscript, as well as the dot that's used as the multiplication symbol, is frightening enough.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:18 pm

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

ktttchchchchchchckchchttchctttttt.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzt....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!   Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not Exactly GW4... But Still Off Topic!
Page 1 of 1