Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord William

Lord William

Ignore This Number : 322

Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? Empty
PostSubject: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:15 am

Really? This is like... the third update I counted that's pretty much a copy of what we've discussed here (alright, I admit one of them was me suggesting the tweak for tier upgrades). I just don't like it how Veylantz gets all the credit for half the stuff we come up with... <.<

In any case, maybe we should let Veylantz in here? I'm pretty sure we could get a lot of valuable input from him.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Ignore This Number : 456

PostSubject: Re: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:21 am

Sure, but I can't help but think he's gonna inevitably tell everyone else. The point of this controlled environment is

1) To avoid the problem of "too many cooks in the kitchen"; many of the great ideas here were excluded from GW4 because people didn't give them a chance and thought they were "too complex." Yet here, after a bit of deliberation and development, we've made them work in a way that's simple, yet functional.

2) To avoid the dwindling excitement of playing GW4 caused by the idea of playing the bigger, better alternative.

It sounds like he's been "developing" on his own, which is quite amusing if he's come up with some of the things we have. Let's face it, his "nodes" and our sectors are the only logical ways to handle sea travel, so I don't think anyone's feeding him anything. Invite him over, if he can promise to keep quiet.
Back to top Go down
https://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Limes

Limes

Ignore This Number : 311

PostSubject: Re: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:33 am

Well, after he told me about the Navy system (which was about... 7 Hours ago?), he also mentioned to me that he was developing GW5. So... Way ahead of you, I've given him the link. Should he now make an account?

Also, he told me in confidence that he wasn't planning to be in GW5, but he was still thinking about it. He told me that he had seen the Players' Dark Sides, and that he planned on leaving the position in better shape than he found it. I say we let him on the Dev team.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:37 am

Wait... are you saying he's not going to play in GW5 at all, or that he's not going to be GM? I don't blame him, after everything he's been through. It's a shitty job, lol. One that requires cold calculation and an "I'll work with you, but after a point, fuck you! I'm the boss" attitude. I'd like him to play GW5, though, and if you've already given him the link, fine. I do think he'll be a good addition, I just don't want him inviting Yuccon, Toa, and whoever else he deems fit over.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:38 am

Oh, that he's not going to be GM.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:46 am

Oh, cool. I shudder to think how much rage he's got saved up for revenge when William is GM.

*crazy Veylantz* "YOU THOUGHT THE ORACLE WAS BAD? OHOHOHOHOOHO, MY DIPLOMAT JUST GOT KNIFED BY A BANDIT ON TURN 1, NOW YOU SHALL FEEL MY UNHOLY RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE"

Last edited by Jasband on Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:47 am

Well, I deserve it. If I recall correctly, Lime was the expert on "Fuck you, I'm going to get some payback now!"
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:49 am

Lord William wrote:
Well, I deserve it. If I recall correctly, Lime was the expert on "Fuck you, I'm going to get some payback now!"

Realistically, I hope we can all play together in (relative) harmony and avoid some of the retarded drama GW4 caused. I mean, Lime's not going to dust his hands after GW4 and clap Toa on the back, saying, "You were annoying, but good game bro." Even if he wins. That hatred is probably gonna carry over into GW5, so that's one clanmate relationship that's permanently fucked up. Let's not damage any more Razz.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:50 am

Jascertes, accept Veylantz's forum register!

Also, Toa's on my ignore list for at least another year, unless he manages to convince me otherwise. Seeing how that ended up last time, I feel like a year would be a good time before he gets off.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:51 am

Most of the problems in GW4 are caused by people not trusting the Gamemaster, which Lime admitted to. I hope I can muster up enough trust from the people during my BM period right now to avoid at least SOME rage.

...I'm not too confident I'll succeed.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:54 am

Right, well, Veylantz should be approved and I have to make a customary group for him (because I'm weird like that).
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

Ignore This Number : 34

PostSubject: Re: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 11:00 am

Limes wrote:
Oh, that he's not going to be GM.

No, it was playing in general. No trust in the gamemaster, nor any respect for the position. Well, here there is respect for the future position, really. I've talked with Lime, and I still do not understand why you would not want the opinion of the current gamemaster? I see things from a different perspective to you all, being currently in the seat of power. If you are all running off and planning the next instance, would you not want my input? No, this is why I was / am seriously considering not playing in GW5.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 11:04 am

I actually wanted you in on this months ago. However, due to the mistrust the others displayed towards you (and the fact you're perceived to be sitting right in the "enemy" camp), I kept silent. Even though I rarely display it, I do have respect (and occasionally even trust) towards you. I think that's why we added you in, even if it's a lot late.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 11:12 am

I guess part of it was also inertia, if you want to call it that. Those who spoke to me eagerly and early about the development of GW5 were Lime and William; no one else. We started by stating things we disliked about GW4 and how to possibly improve them in the next version, and it exploded from there. We were limited by the forum's PM system, so I set up this forum to facilitate our discussions. I didn't think of inviting anyone else until William revealed he'd been talking a lot with Siroki, and the perspective of a newish player with a small empire would be a good counterbalance to our extensive domains.

Veylantz, not only did I think you were too busy with GW4, I also didn't want you to unconsciously incorporate some of the things we developed here into the current game because they're untested and may prove to be bad ideas, in the long run. Now, simple things like our sea sectors and your nodes are, in fact, great ideas that could've been included in GW4 if we'd kept the development to a minimum; as stated above, I felt that we had too many devs and I was even pressured a little bit by the lack of interest in GW3 and the excitement for GW4. It might've caused me to rush some things. Here, we have months to think and design and create without worrying about GW4 being abandoned, and it's quite refreshing Razz. In order to maintain this closed, pressure-free environment, I wanted to include as few people as possible.

If you feel offended or hurt by not including you, I truly apologize - it was never my intention. I don't blame if you if you've lost all interest in God Wars, but I truly hope you'll be able to enjoy the next version without the heavy burden of the GM position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?   Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alright, who's feeding Veylantz information?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: GW4 Discussion-
Jump to: