Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Economy & Resources

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Ignore This Number : 456

Economy & Resources Empty
PostSubject: Economy & Resources   Economy & Resources I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:17 am

Discuss economy and resources here.
Back to top Go down
https://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Lord William

Lord William

Ignore This Number : 322

PostSubject: Re: Economy & Resources   Economy & Resources I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:23 pm

#lastminuteideas

What if we made it so that settlements and cities give you more workforce and thus can give you more collectable resources per turn? This should also make it possible to create a slavery system/workforce-rental system where players can give their own workforce away to other players in exchange for e.g gold.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Economy & Resources   Economy & Resources I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Well, kind of like there's a section for "Workforce" and it'd start off at a certain number (let's say 200k, which would allow the player to collect 20k resources), and it would increase with each settlement/city captured (at 1/10 the number of workers gained)? E.g., capturing Varrock would add 50k to my Workforce, so that's +5k max per turn.

It's not a bad idea, but I'd want to lower the overall collection to balance it out, especially when we take Resource Modifiers into account. Whaddaya think, Lime?
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

Ignore This Number : 120

PostSubject: Re: Economy & Resources   Economy & Resources I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 4:19 pm

I AM NOT LIME

But anyway-

I'm on the fence about this as a whole. It seems really confusing, and very easy to mess up on. Here's what I believe would work best with this if it were implemented:

Resource Modifiers are just replaced by "Sources." Each area has one-three sources of resources that can be collected...

EDIT: Perhaps modifiers can be implemented... But only by building the various improvements? And then buff the effectiveness of the sawmill/quarry/etc?

When someone sends workers to collect resources from a region, then the resources are collected in relation to what's there - If a region has wood and stone, and you send 100k workers there, then you'll get 5k wood and 5k stone. If you just wanted wood, then send them somewhere that only has wood!

And maybe... We can change "Housing" from a recruitment modifier to a "Workforce recruiter" type thing? Like, build houses in a settlement to increase your workforce by X?
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

Ignore This Number : 311

PostSubject: Re: Economy & Resources   Economy & Resources I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 4:26 pm

I like the current system.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

PostSubject: Re: Economy & Resources   Economy & Resources I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 4:39 pm

^
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Economy & Resources   Economy & Resources I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 6:52 pm

Housing can still, perhaps, increase the collection cap. Keep an eye on the Construction draft (I'll try to get it done tomorrow). Nothing much, maybe 500 per Housing.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

PostSubject: Re: Economy & Resources   Economy & Resources I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 1:08 am

...hmm....

The below idea is somewhat complex, and I perfectly understand if you don't wish to implement this.

It will make use of the new mechanics including Diverse NPCs and reputation. It can exist because of our lore.

Lore-ic Intro:

Years after the World Guardian left his post, all of the kingdoms started vying for being the economic center of the world; yet despite their efforts, they all were surpassed by the market-genius of the Guildmaster.

The Guildmaster is the leader of the Merchants guild - found in Taverly/The Eastern Lands/Somewhere in Karamja - a great gathering spot of merchants who come together to sell wares. Wares that could include artifacts from sages, troops from warmongers, excess resources from other nations, and exotic wares that were previously thought non-existent.

Mechanics of the Merchants Guild

Because the Guild is in only one location in the world, it may seem unfair to people who are just too far away (I'm looking at you, Serenites!). This is why the Merchants Guild offers a Teleportation Service so that one can send a representative (Paragon or otherwise) no matter where they are! This service cannot be used to move troops around for war or espionage - The paragon or agent visiting the Guild cannot leave the borders until teleported back home.

The stock of the Merchants Guild will change every two seasons or so - Meaning you only have a few turns to grab the great stuff in stock. There is also a chance of an NPC nation buying out the stock before you have a chance of getting it. Again; things for sale include:

Resources - Wood, Stone, the like.
Unique Troops - Paladins, Blood Dancers, Battle-mages, etc.
Faction Troops - Note: Selling a faction troop away seperates the original owner from the troop completely - Meaning the buyer will get 100% loyal troops despite current worldly alliances.
Artifacts
Exotic Resources - Unique resources that cannot usually be gathered, but have wonderful, new uses.

When it comes to actually buying stuff, usually merchants in the area will only sell items for gold - and sometimes it can be an extraordinary deal. If a merchant is selling x amount of resources for 10,000 gold, and you happen to have 10,000 gold, then you're in luck!

Merchants will sometimes be willing to barter for resources - The generally accepted exchange rate is 10 Resources : 1 Gold piece. Horses and rune prices vary.

One can also sell their troops to the Merchants guild - thus opening up for Bandosian Bombardiers outside of an alliance. The exchange rate would be standard, with faction-troops giving more money then a normal troop.

For the Aggressive Amongst You.

The Merchants guild, being the economic center of the world may seem like a tempting chance to become a powerhouse - But one should be warned - Should you attack the Guild, not only will you have to deal with the full force of the Guilds hired guards (Which William and I would make particularly nasty), but you will also tank your reputation with basically every other city in the world - possibly leading to reinforcements being sent from every corner and even possibly losing what was once thought rock-solid alliances.

M&E

William and I would come up with a large list of stock to choose from, then randomly (or deliberately! Ahoo!) choose from the stock to be sold at any time.

The Merchants Guild is impossible to Co-own.

Technology is not offered at the Merchants Guild to buy.

The Guildmaster will not put up with tomfoolery when people are in his/her domain. Remember - you are not allowed to do anything with the agent/paragon until they are teleported back; and if the Guildmaster won't let them be teleported, then...

WIP, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: Economy & Resources   Economy & Resources I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 2:28 am

Sounds like SoF and SGS combined. Really not liking it... Is the point just to "mix things up"?
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

PostSubject: Re: Economy & Resources   Economy & Resources I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 3:04 am

Well, the idea was to add a trade center to the game. But now that you mention it... Lol.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

Ignore This Number : 322

PostSubject: Re: Economy & Resources   Economy & Resources I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:21 pm

I don't really like the idea, either. It feels like it removes the geopolitics around traderoutes. Like you need to send caravans and stuff around the world, but if you can just teleport your resources to the guild and the guild then sells your resources to the target, it becomes pointless, really. Not to mention the sof/sgs element Ascertes mentioned. Overall breaks many of the elements settled for long time ago, and makes the game map much smaller, if you understand me. Sorry Siroki.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

PostSubject: Re: Economy & Resources   Economy & Resources I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 10:20 pm

Once Jascertes pointed out the SOF/SGS elements, I began to see that as well.

So yeah, no big deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Economy & Resources   Economy & Resources I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Economy & Resources
Page 1 of 1