Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SUPER ALPHA

Go down 
+3
Lord William
Limes
Jasband
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Limes

Limes

Ignore This Number : 311

SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:30 pm

Toa Takanuva wrote:
That's why I mentioned the capital positions in the same post. For example, we can allow the Zamorakian capital to have some freeway for the GW4 winner (I'm saying 'winner' because I know it's myself, but just to make it neutral). I'll admit, some capital positions are in bad spots, Lleyta one of them. I remember Stanton talking to me about that.

But, we can just leave it. This is one of the reasons why it doesn't suit that God Wars 5 was created earlier, and now we won't discuss what was said in God Wars 4 and what people agreed on especially.
I'm gonna withhold my views on that last incident of God Wars, but suffice it to say that I don't believe that any particular party won, more like the game itself imploded after everyone quit.

In my opinion, we should just leave it. Too much work to work around it. I see the position that Lletya is in, but the Serenite Civilization was only trapped during GW4 for two reasons:

1. The Bandosian Empire gained a large amount of land in a very short amount of time while the Serenites had to face armies that were unequal in comparison to those faced by the other empires (We have already proven that Demons were an awful idea that debalanced the game, this just is an extension of it)
2. The Serenite Civilization lacked Naval Power.

I believe we have properly combatted both of these issues by not having any demons and William and Siroki take extensive time to balance the world so that no nation gets any clear immediate advantage over the others. In addition, the Bandosian Empire's starting point has been adjusted so that it isn't too close to the Serenite Starting point now.
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

Ignore This Number : 43

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:48 pm

Well, fine. But, it didn't make a difference when Stanton gave up his lands to Brony, thanks to you.

We'll leave it.
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

Ignore This Number : 34

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:08 am

Limes wrote:
I'm gonna withhold my views on that last incident of God Wars, but suffice it to say that I don't believe that any particular party won, more like the game itself imploded after everyone quit.
Not entirely true. While people did quit, it was only the Grand Powers Alliance members who did. As such, The Buried Hatchet are the winners of GW4.

As for reward, it was indeed mentioned that they would be able to choose starting locations. But due to the length of time between GW4 ending and GW5 starting, I don't think anyone will care too much. If anything is done, they would get first pick of the pre-selected starting locations. This is probably the best option.

Also about the demons, pretty much anyone who went against one in the early game had a decent challenge. It was only when people left them to the mid-late game that they became a problem. I mentioned to Yuccon that they were meant to be an early game challenge until players started locking horns.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:19 pm

Veylantz wrote:
Limes wrote:
Not entirely true. While people did quit, it was only the Grand Powers Alliance members who did. As such, The Buried Hatchet are the winners of GW4.

As for reward, it was indeed mentioned that they would be able to choose starting locations. But due to the length of time between GW4 ending and GW5 starting, I don't think anyone will care too much. If anything is done, they would get first pick of the pre-selected starting locations. This is probably the best option.

Also about the demons, pretty much anyone who went against one in the early game had a decent challenge. It was only when people left them to the mid-late game that they became a problem. I mentioned to Yuccon that they were meant to be an early game challenge until players started locking horns.
Yes, but when I quit, you will remember that I said that I'd refuse to accept any further gamemaster judgment from you, Veylantz, and since your declaration of Toa's victory came after I quit, I'm not going to recognize it. That doesn't even go into the point that I don't believe Toa's superiority was fair in the slightest, or the fact that discussing this any further would dredge up an old argument that should've died with GW4, while not discussing it did not and will not inhibit GW5 development.
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Limes wrote:
Yes, but when I quit, you will remember that I said that I'd refuse to accept any further gamemaster judgment from you, Veylantz, and since your declaration of Toa's victory came after I quit, I'm not going to recognize it.
SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 Facepalm_227785

No one is forcing you to recognize anything. It is as it is, whether you want to address it as such or not.

But back on current matters, how close do you think we are to the full-scale, 3-phase playtest? Siroki is doing an excellent job with the regions, and I feel that once he is finished we can get underway. If Yuccon arrives beforehand, awesome, but I would wonder why he wouldn't have made an appearance before then.
Back to top Go down
Unguis

Ignore This Number : 9

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 11:41 pm

Can I just ask on behalf of God Wars V that we keep any God Wars IV arguments in God Wars IV and start cum tabula rasa in God Wars V?
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:32 am

Veylantz wrote:
Limes wrote:
Yes, but when I quit, you will remember that I said that I'd refuse to accept any further gamemaster judgment from you, Veylantz, and since your declaration of Toa's victory came after I quit, I'm not going to recognize it.
No one is forcing you to recognize anything. It is as it is, whether you want to address it as such or not.
Well, if we had allowed the winner of God Wars to choose starting points, then I'd be forced to recognize it, wouldn't I? But since we aren't, good, Toa didn't win God Wars.
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:01 am

Yes, I didn't win God Wars. I won God Wars 4. Razz
Mostly because of ragequits, but, it is still a win.
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 9:23 am

Whatever happens, it is up to the current gamemaster, William, to decide if he wants to reward the winners of GW4 or not. But I strongly recommend the playtests commencing once Siroki finishes. Yuccon is online on Steam and Skype often enough for us to reach him when this happens.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

Ignore This Number : 120

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 5:12 pm

First off - I agree with Unguis, the GW4 discussion leads to nothing but anguish and prime evils. I don't think Papa William will enjoy seeing them, either ;~;

Luckily, nothing *Too* terrible came this time, right?

BUT ANYWAY

Since we're not necessarily gonna use what was in the playtest in the final draft - we could technically start the playtest at any time. If anything, it will help inspire me for things I want to do in regards to NPC states/Adventurers <3

Finally: In regards to the capitals: I'ma say no, but I could *try* and see how it would work - You see, the NPC states are, as Lime said; set up in a way that nothing TOO damning is right near anybody. The only problem with creating two-three alternate starting regions, means that I have to essentially write two-three narratives for each zone (I can't just *move* things, sometimes it just wouldn't make sense, meaning I would have to change the narrative instead.)

...But if it's that popular of an idea, and Herr William is okay with it, then I guess I can try my best ;~; Not like I'm not already overwhelmed with writing these damn stories
Back to top Go down
Unguis

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 7:05 pm

If we wanted to compromise, as the game is set a while after the current date, starting settlements could be specified, but not assigned to particular factions. Then, factions could could pick in a specified order. I think this would be better to reward playtesting than a past game, though, were it implemented. I do not necessarily think it is a great idea though.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 7:15 pm

Well, then we might have the Zarosian Faction starting in Lletya, or the Fremennik Faction starting in Uzer, or the Desert Pantheon faction starting in the Wilderness. I suggest we keep starting positions, for the sake of ease and the sake of the lack of lorefails. Also, we can't necessarily reward the winner of GW4 the priviledge of choosing their starting location as there was no winner of GW4.
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 8:23 pm

There was, Lime.

Can't be a blind man forever and deny it.

Also, Siroki, no offence, but William offered that to you and you accepted. There is no problem in asking William for help and advice, don't take it all upon yourself.

Also, Lime, it's not necessarily a lorefail. There are Zamorakians in Lleyta (Or Dark Lord-ians, whatever), so Zamorak can start there. Uzer once was occupied by Zarosians, Zarosians can start there. Same with Saradomin and Morytania. Desert, there are no in-game lores to put them in the wilderness, but that can be fixed by just stating that your paragon ventured to the wilderness and laid foundations there. I will connect this to the Saradominists starting in Karamja in God Wars 4. That was a lorefail, but Yuccon made Odesyus venture out there and start there.

So therefore it is not a lorefail, Lime.
Back to top Go down
Unguis

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:13 pm

Lime, I also believe this game is set a while after the beginning of the sixth age. A lot can change with time. For instance, no one would have expected a Saradominist city to exist in the place near Senntisten it now does during even the middle of the third age. So, lorefail can avoided, but I agree it may not be the best plan.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 10:25 pm

Toa Takanuva wrote:
There was, Lime.

Can't be a blind man forever and deny it.

Also, Siroki, no offence, but William offered that to you and you accepted. There is no problem in asking William for help and advice, don't take it all upon yourself.

Also, Lime, it's not necessarily a lorefail. There are Zamorakians in Lleyta (Or Dark Lord-ians, whatever), so Zamorak can start there. Uzer once was occupied by Zarosians, Zarosians can start there. Same with Saradomin and Morytania. Desert, there are no in-game lores to put them in the wilderness, but that can be fixed by just stating that your paragon ventured to the wilderness and laid foundations there. I will connect this to the Saradominists starting in Karamja in God Wars 4. That was a lorefail, but Yuccon made Odesyus venture out there and start there.

So therefore it is not a lorefail, Lime.
Firstly, there was no actual winner to God Wars 4. The game was unfortunately plagued with unfairness, and, as a result, the majority of the players quit before the game finished, and the rule of the gamemaster was abolished. Attempting to assert the falsehood that you won God Wars 4 is tiresome, and not at all relevant to the situation.

Additionally, while Siroki did volunteer (or William asked him to help, I'm not sure which) for the job, I don't think we should go about making his difficult job even more difficult.

I'd like any of you to explain to me how the Desert Pantheon having a starting point that was anywhere but the desert makes more sense than starting in a desert territory, just like how all of the starting points are, at the very least, inhabited by followers of that religion or were significant to that religion's past. Also, saying that because Yuccon's faction in GW4 began in Karamja and not Lumbridge or Entrana is an illogical argument, since GW4 isn't canon in the slightest. In fact, when I was talking with Robo about the politics going on in GW4 during the game, he was perplexed by the large amount of lorefails that dotted the game.
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:47 am

(If you haven't done BotD, don't read point 3.)

1. Yeah, don't forget you were part of that unfairness. Majority? Pfft. It wasn't majority:
1.1: Stanton quit because you encouraged him to give up his lands. I'm sure that bitch move wasn't because of the unfairness.
1.2: William quit because he was fed up with Veylantz because he thought he was being treated unfairly, when I believe during the time you were actually a nice person thought this was not a case (look what's happened since then).
1.3: Siroki quit because of a pretty valid reason, God Wars 4 had a lack of RP, which I sort of agree with, as most of the RP aspect was just because of player-written lores and conversations held between faction leaders.
1.4: You quit because it was simple: Furious Lime-rage for a valid move.

That's not a majority, that's YOUR majority. For your information, a game is a game, and games have winners. Yuccan and I won God Wars 4. It doesn't take a toddler to know that. It does take a toddler to refuse to see it.

2. You are not Siroki's bodyguard. Siroki can handle his job as BM (or "Assistant GM" as you guys call it). He got the mantle of writing city-state lores, and that job is pretty fun. I myself wouldn't think it hard, it's fun writing lores. Like I said, he can ask for help with William, it's always great to.

3. If you were indeed talking to Robo about GW4 politics, I'm sure Robo wouldn't mention lorefails. He would talk about the politics. He has had experience with Clan politics, so he knows certain things. Lorefails are lorefails, sometimes you need to have them to make the game fun. Turns out, the main complained-about lorefail in God Wars 4 isn't actually a lorefail. The Dwarves could use magic, as evident in BotD Lore, they just were turning into chaos dwarves and had to give up their magical ability.

I'm sure that whatever you talked to Robo about is entirely one-sided.

Now, I'm done with this. You can go about your petty squabbling about X this or Y that. I want to be focused on GW5, so take the focus off of GW4 for anything other than what would help GW5.
Back to top Go down
Unguis

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:42 am

Can we skip the arguing (which is getting us nowhere) and either get on to play-testing or just be quiet?
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:08 am

*sigh*

Honestly, yes.

For playtesting, I suggest we do what I said in the other thread - Continue on without Yuccon, and if he shows up, go through the seasonal reports like you did with Veylantz. We wouldn't get too far if Yuccon is gone for a month, right?
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

Ignore This Number : 322

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:35 pm

Oh Zaros, I knew procrastinating the reply to this topic would end up badly...

Toa, shut the fuck up. Lime, shut the fuck up. Let us all agree now that Toa and Yuccon won God Wars 4. Woo! Hoo! *Confetti* Alright, party over, you get no presents. Whatever agreements were established for the prize of the victors were done before the creation of God Wars 5, and since we've already set the starting locations into the canon, there will not be any changing them. I will also not sacrifice the fairness of this game over self-proclaimed victory under very unstable conditions at best.

Toa, go ahead and think you won the God Wars 4, I'm sure the arrogance of the victor will lead to great many mistakes that have you crushed like an insect.

Lime, let Toa think he won the God Wars 4, and be the guy to exploit his arrogant mistakes and crush him like an insect, okay?
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:11 pm

Actually, nevermind.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 6:35 pm

SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 QYfaFdN

Joachim = Yuccon, btw.
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Damn. Well, I won't be playing the final version then. Yuccon's been a good friend to me, and he would've been great to play with.

But, oh well. I'll be doing the playtest, sure, but not the actual game. I may change my mind though, but, not now.
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Limes wrote:
SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 QYfaFdN

Joachim = Yuccon, btw.
Darn, well that's shit. It looks like you will need to start recruiting some players, otherwise it will be a game of 3, with Siroki and William working admin.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:04 pm

Robo says maybe, and Siroki's friend is also hopping in, and we think that Stantons gonna be in this time.
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 11:01 pm

We should get on with the playtesting, and the actual game.

World Event 2 will kill a god, effectively, Bandos. I am unsure if Jagex would change this, but I hope they do honestly.

Unless you don't want Bandos in God Wars V, you should get this up and running within a few months time. They might start World Event 2 in December or January, but, I don't know exactly when.

Also, guys.

God Wars 6, approximately, will indeed have an Elder God Faction. Want to know why? Very Happy

Around April-ish, there is a Zaros-returning quest that also incorporates Elder Gods. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SUPER ALPHA
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Playtests-
Jump to: