Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SUPER ALPHA

Go down 
+3
Lord William
Limes
Jasband
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Veylantz

Ignore This Number : 34

SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:16 pm

SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 Eldari%20Flag

Warlord: Umbrian, the Eldunari.
Combat Type: Magic

Ideology: The world will be cleansed of the imperfect. The blight shall be purges, and only the worthy shall remain.
Capital: Wherever best appropriate. No preference.
Faction Name: Eldari
Faction Animal: Dragon

Governmental Structure:
Spoiler:

Religious Interpretation:
Spoiler:

Unique Unit: Storm Guardians – Replaces Swordsmen
The Swordsmen of the Eldari are no mere Swordsmen. Eldari Warriors are far better equipped with dual weaponry, being able to dish out more damage over time compared to a 2h sword. The lighter dual weaponry allows for faster movement in battles.

Faction Trait: Wraithbone. The original Eldari were chosen for their purity. However, purity is not enough to purge the blight. The Eldari needed to be more, better than pure. Thus, through much conditioning and honing of skills, all Eldari are physically superior to the other races in terms of vitality. This trait of the Eldari is referred to as Wraithbone, as if your entire skeletal structure has been enhanced to work in eternal service of the gods.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

Ignore This Number : 322

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Accepted for teh Alpha. You start in R&C.

Storm Guardians (Replaces Swordsman) - Cost 60 metal, upkeep 20 gold per turn.
Attack strengths: Ranged and melee.
Defense strengths: Ranged and melee.
Damage potential: 2
Hitpoints: 400 (460 due to faction trait)
Speed: 4

Wraithbone: All Eldari troops have 60 additional hitpoints.
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:28 am

Arise, Eldari. The Eldunari speaks. Hear, and obey.

We have been chosen by the Elder Gods themselves! Jas has blessed us with purity. Our mission has always been to make the world pure, as there is a flaw to it. But, for this realm, we do not know. Yes, that is correct. Jas has not told us where or what the flaw is. But, we must seek it out nonetheless. We are here for a purpose.

This minor settlement of ours needs to expand quickly in order to become a proper beachhead. As such, we need to know what we are surrounded by. As you all know, this is the wilderness. Tread carefully.

30 of each troop class will each go to NWW, BCA, and WEW. I will remain in the capital with the remainder of the ground troops. Be careful upon arrival, and do not attack unless ordered. Do not tarry!

At home, 4000 Cloth, 11,000 Wood, and 5000 Stone are collected. We will be recruiting 200 War-Monks from among you with 4,000 Cloth. In addition, construction of Training Grounds commences to make you stronger. The leftover 5,000 Wood will be stored.

But, one last order of business before we go our separate ways: our agents. This is an unclear section, but I believe we can choose what we want to work in for technology. As such, the Professor of ours will look into ways of expanding the capabilities of our War-Monks’ support magic, increasing effectiveness and expanding possibilities, if possible. The Diplomat is to head in the direction of the DWF. Make peaceful contact if possible. But most of all, gather intelligence.

Economy and Movement:

Military Division:

Eldari Lands:

Construction, Research, and Training:

So, technology. The page on this is clear as mud. Do we propose minor techs that get progressively bigger according to that 9-step thing? If not, how does it work?!

Last edited by Veylantz on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

Ignore This Number : 311

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:37 am

I don't really understand how the tech works either.
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:42 am

The rest of it looks good... right? No need for a human sacrifice to propose a research, or dig a hole in the ground to collect resources.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 10:45 am

Right, yes.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Ignore This Number : 456

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Veylantz wrote:
The rest of it looks good... right? No need for a human sacrifice to propose a research, or dig a hole in the ground to collect resources.
Research is a bit WIP. Well, very much WIP. Basically, we start out with a level of knowledge at the beginning of the game in various aspects of civilization, both peace- and war-related. When you propose a research project, William will first determine if your faction has the prerequisite knowledge to complete what you're trying to accomplish.

In my case, I wanted advanced steel for my soldiers, but William determined I didn't know how to forge anything fancy yet, so he forced me to research Metallurgy first. In Lime's case, he wanted to train some type of new horse archer unit, and William determined that his people already knew enough about both riding and archery to sensibly combine the two; thus, he didn't have to conduct any Basic research beforehand.

The key thing to remember about Basic vs. Applied research is Basic refers to knowledge, theories, and techniques; nothing physical. Applied research is technology, products, or something physical you can use either right away or for future projects. Your proposal sounds like Applied to me, and William may or may not decide that you have enough knowledge about prayers and incantations to significantly improve what you've already got.
Back to top Go down
https://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:04 am

Everything you currently have is as good as it possibly can be with the level of knowledge you currently posses. If you want to make something you currently have better, you need to first expand what you know. Now, I've heard you guys whine about the system many times, but could you finally pinpoint to me what EXACTLY is the problem? You guys being stupid is a problem that I cannot help you with, so show me something I can fix. Ascertes just completely nailed the description of the research mechanic. What is the problem?

EDIT: Oh right, War-Monks are magic troops, they don't actually use prayer BECAUSE NOBODY CAN ANSWER THEM ANYMORE. AND YOUR FACTION DOESN'T EVEN HAVE GODS WHO WOULD IF THEY COULD. Hence why I wanted them renamed.
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:26 am

So, in GW5 Actual does proposing take a turn, or could it via PM?

As for War-Monks, they use their magical for supportive means rather than prayer for supportive means, then?
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 8:36 am

Yes, it does take a turn. The turn is used by your professors to estimate the oncoming task and prepare the research, evaluate the necessary materials required along with a budget. And yes, war-monks use actual magic for their gimmicks, for the reasons provided.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Lord William wrote:
Everything you currently have is as good as it possibly can be with the level of knowledge you currently posses. If you want to make something you currently have better, you need to first expand what you know. Now, I've heard you guys whine about the system many times, but could you finally pinpoint to me what EXACTLY is the problem? You guys being stupid is a problem that I cannot help you with, so show me something I can fix. Ascertes just completely nailed the description of the research mechanic. What is the problem?
The problem isn't how the system works, as far as Basic vs. Applied and what we know vs. what we need to know in order to do something. The problem is determining "the level of knowledge we currently possess", ensuring that it's the same across all factions, and providing players some kind of way to predict what they WILL know in the future, so they can PLAN their technological progress instead of proposing what they think MIGHT be currently possible every time they want to start something new.

That's the main reason for the "levels" proposal; even without friendly names like Level 2 Smithing (Metallurgy), players can see that the lower levels encompass basic stuff while the higher levels will let them conduct some awesome Applied research. It's nothing like a cheat sheet or something to give players all the answers, because what they propose will still have an arbitrary level requirement in one or more fields. I still think it's better than nothing, though.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:29 pm

Alright guys... let's try to keep this going ;_;. GW4 is really ramping up, I know, and all of us will likely have less free time in the coming weeks, which is why I don't want to fall behind here. If GW4 ends unexpectedly, I'd prefer not to wait another month or two before GW5's ready. We don't have to stick to the ideal turn-every-2-days schedule, but 1-2 weeks between turns is not good.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Sorry, xp waste.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:55 pm

Sadface. Right, well, GW4 isn't progressing, either, so it's not a huge deal this week. But let's try to focus again next week.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 10:27 am

It's been so long that I forgot what my faction is called!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sadCrying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 12:31 pm

I am not sure what the hold up is.

William wrote:
Everything you currently have is as good as it possibly can be with the level of knowledge you currently posses.
So, it can't be my turn. Probably William is grinding away Divination. I've edited my turn to remove mention of War-Monk prayers.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:40 pm

Yeah, waiting on le William. Under normal circumstances, SRs would come every 2 days.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

Ignore This Number : 120

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 5:31 pm

Season Report - Season 1 Extended

The origins of the Eldari civilization have gone off to a rather successful start. The resources are collected, and the Training Grounds have begun construction; it will be completed next turn.

The soldiers all make their way blindly into the regions surrounding R&C; here is what happened to each group:

The group heading to the North entered the region unscathed, and have found the area relatively empty... Except for the colony of giant spiders swarming the northern area. They seem to be very average in terms of giant spiders – but do you want to risk taking them on with only thirty soldiers?

The group heading to the East find a camp of wilderness-settlers who have come to try and rebuild and repopulate. They were unaware of your presence until a child stumbled upon your soldiers. The child ran screaming back to the camp. Perhaps soldiers were not the best people to send in this direction? Who knows. But you can definitely TRY to make peace with these wary people.

The diplomat and the soldiers all make their way to the South, only to be ambushed by swarms of Imps. The Diplomat escaped with his life as the soldiers lost five men in the battle – but the soldiers do not believe that was the last of the imps in the area. Perhaps there is an imp boss in the area?

That's about it when it comes to troop movement. In terms of research – the professor currently believes you need 3000 cloth and 1000 gold in order to begin the project. Subsequent turns will require no cloth and 3000 gold to continue.
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 7:07 pm

How large is the colony? If they can see it, can they give a size estimate?
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:19 pm

YAY

THING HAPPEN
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:58 am

The colony within the region BCA is about three times the size of an ancient Wilderness Warband - except with more tents instead of obelisks. It is unknown as of now how many within the camp are armed.
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 5:49 am

I was referring to the Spider colony, but that is also very helpful. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:45 pm

The soldiers think there is a good 40-60 spiders. They keep moving around, so they keep losing count.
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:44 am

Arise, Eldari. The Eldunari speaks. Hear, and obey.

Firstly, the Professor has what he desires. 3000 Cloth and 1000 Gold are to be collected and used for his research purposes. Through innovation can be survive without Jas.

Foolish soldiers, we said you have 30 of each type, not 30 overall. You are to claim the region in the name of the Eldari, disregarding the colony. If they are a hostile colony, they will make the mistake of attacking you. Be cautious of this, though, so as to not be taken off-guard. But if and when they do strike, drive them back to their hive and purify the colony with your number of 120, leaving no giant spider alive.

Most of the troops in BCA are to move away from the region (only 30 remain) and enter DWQ. Find out what you can, and no engaging enemies. We are pure, but we are not yet powerful. Diplomacy is good for situations like these, and so the Diplomat is moved to the BCA region to develop non-militant relations. We will not accept any hostilities from them though. If they refuse, we have cleansing to prepare for. Determine approximate number of armed forces while there. The Spymaster is sent for this purpose as well.

The Imps were taken care of... for now. The 115 troops still there are to find the location of the boss and sum up its strength. If you deem that he is as strong as your combined force or less, purify him with Jas' might. Otherwise, wait for help to purify. 200 War-Monks are on their way.

At home, we are to recruit more War-Monks. 4000 Cloth is collected and used for this purpose. We must not wait for the the Training Grounds to complete next season before more building commences!  3000 Wood is collected and, together with 5000 Gold, is used to start constructing a Palisade in R&C. To finish off our season, we collect an additional 6000 Wood, 3000 Stone, 1000 Cloth and 2500 Gold to begin working on Housing in the same region.

Economy and Movement:

Military Division:

Eldari Lands:

Construction, Research, and Training:
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:46 pm

The 100th post on this thread is now property of Lime, and Lime alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SUPER ALPHA
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Playtests-
Jump to: