Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

World Map Expansion

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Limes

Limes

Ignore This Number : 311

World Map Expansion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:36 pm

I'm good with it now
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 2:56 pm

Jasband wrote:
Prifddinas Undercity? What, did the elves turn into dwarves when I had my back turned??

World Map Expansion - Page 3 7I1CXgl

HAH
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Ignore This Number : 456

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:05 pm

How do you know the "Undercity" is underground? It's not the "Subterraneancity"; it could be under the clouds.
Back to top Go down
https://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:22 pm

It's the Undercity because it's underground. That's where the tunnel at the end of Within the Light is going.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:38 pm

For all we know, it could be going to a giant cistern or a sewage tank. Why assume there's a whole Undercity on the other side?
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:41 pm

"Why would we assume-"

WE'RE SCRYERS DAMMIT.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:46 pm

I'm just saying, don't jump to conclusions. Even if your Agility level is 99. While it's certainly plausible that it leads to something more significant than a place to store water and/or shit, it's odd that elves who live in forests and build villages would dig holes.

Last edited by Jasband on Sun May 26, 2013 7:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Well, even if it is a Massive Cistern (Which somehow has an adjoining Library), it's still a defensible location, and it most likely is an under city. So maybe we should make it its own region?
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

Ignore This Number : 120

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 5:36 pm

New Mappy

New mappy - now with Vitamin C!

New Regions include:

Ogre Island
Elf Camp
Portal Site
West Lumbridge Swamp
East Lumbridge Swamp
Elven Hunter Area
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 2:28 pm

Great job, Siroki. I like the new regions and the starting settlements. I guess, for balance, it's better to declare where each faction starts rather than letting people choose. It'll avoid some arguments, at least Razz.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 2:18 am

The Buried Hatchet, I think Godless, Saradomin and Armadyl are a tad bit too close to each other - And the Godless do not have a very good chance at expanding from the looks of it.

Maybe Armadyl should move to Piscatoris? Or possibly Eagles Peak?

LOL EAGLES PEAK.

Should I mappy with Vitamin D? (Regions + Starting Locations + NPC states?)
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

Ignore This Number : 322

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:02 am

It's Guthix, not godless... We can't have a godless faction when the entire game is about fighting for a god.

Now, while I don't like true island-based factions, Relleka is right next to the sea. It has great access to expansion by boats, and should head towards the islands and Piscatoris, They have just as much room as the rest of them.

Oh right, and don't mark npc factions, wouldn't want to ruin the surprise for some of them, now would we?
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 10:22 am

At least call them the Order of Ascension, William. Let's say they're fighting to either bring Guthix back or ascend one of their own to godhood Razz.

Saradomin is in a fine position, Armadyl is a bit close to Kandarin but can undoubtedly grab some territory to the east, so long as he's friendly with Sears. Err, seers.

NPC States will be discovered as they're encountered and they won't immediately divulge everything they own (well, maybe unless they're really boastful and silly). "Map Information" will be a Diplomacy thing.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 11:04 pm

ONE ISSUE FOUND, IT IS HIGHLY IMPORTANT

Miscellania's Three-letter-code should be MSC not MIS.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 12:58 am

Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:55 am

Firstly, you've missed the Soul Wars Lobby

Secondly, what the hell is that text?!
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:02 am

"Almost".

Well, if we're throwing up things to do, some of the roads can still be seen.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:11 am

I'm using that map for the first playtest, it's close enough to finished Razz.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 6:55 am

So like... For the playtest....

What exactly are the modifiers for the new regions...?
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:02 am

We'll need to discuss that...
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:21 am

Maybe we didn't think this "playtesting right now" thing through...
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 10:33 am

Does it matter? Come up with some for the regions people scout/capture dynamically, we don't have to make the whole list until we have a finalized number of territories.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Oceans. After seeing the fun we all had thanks to Touccon's ships in GW4, I think it's time to smash the seas into little, bite-sized pieces.

We have multiple ways to go about this. We could either have arbitrarily sized regions, like on land, or - and I think this is better - we could overlay a coordinate grid and make each sea sector square (though some sectors along coastlines would obviously not be a full square). Sectors would be named by their coordinates, e.g. A-1, B-4, etc.

Each type of ship would have a max speed: the max number of sectors it could fully travel through in one season. Obviously, Scoutships would be the fastest (maybe 4 sectors), while larger warships would be slower. When traveling as a fleet, ships would move at the max speed of the slowest ship. In terms of espionage and misdirection, the rules for moving armies would apply.

Moving from one sector to another would take a minimum of 1 season, just like regions. However, I think docking and beach landings could be done in the same season that the ship(s) arrive. Sea battles could happen in any sector, ocean or coastal.

Lime suggested that seaborne Caravans could be ambushed by water-bandits, AKA pirates. I like the idea, but see two issues.

1) Not sure what the equivalent of a garrison would be at sea. I'm thinking one or more ships could patrol a sector, but warships are too rare and powerful for something menial like that. Perhaps, to ward off pirates, you should just send the Caravan with a fleet.

2) I think having pirates as a recuitable mercenary element would be cool. Finding "pirate lairs" in certain sectors could turn out to be a good thing, if you had the Gold.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 6:03 pm

New Mappy, now with Fish Oil!

So like this? :3

I do like the idea of pirates and recruitable pirates. I'ma step back because I haven't fully thought it through, yet, but the idea appeals to me.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Hmm... Maybe a little bit smaller sectors.

By-ship caravans have always been possible to be ambushed by pirates. It's just a lot rarer than on land to make up for the fact that you guys would probably never put your warships on patrol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Map Expansion   World Map Expansion - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Map Expansion
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussions-
Jump to: