Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SUPER ALPHA

Go down 
+3
Lord William
Limes
Jasband
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Ignore This Number : 456

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:28 am

Okay! Now that all the drafts are done, it's a good time to start testing some of the numbers we've come up with. I'm not quite ready to put everything together in a single thread, like in GW4; I'll do that in the SUPER BETA. For now, I just want to play.

SCENARIO: Season 1 of Year 300, 7A. The World Guardian is gone, the Pendant of Sealing is lost with him, and the gods, though banished, are flexing their muscles once more, using human Warlords to raise armies in their names.

Two factions are the first to rise to prominence: The House of Timur, located in the restored town of Uzer, who fights in the name of Tumeken and the Desert Pantheon; and the Engellian Empire, based in Burthorpe, who brings Saradomin's Light to the world. Though each of these factions only start with one settlement, they're determined to expand and establish a real foothold in the aftermath of the Kingdom of Gielinor.

CLICKY-THINGS:
Main GW5 Draft
Resources | Economy
Map
Movement | Teleportation
Military | Battles | Major Spells
Agents | Caravans
Diplomacy | Espionage
NPC States | Regional Politics
Conversion
Construction | Destruction | Repair
Research | Exchange of Ideas

NOTE: I don't think we have to wait 2 days between SRs. William can do 'em whenever he's online and Lime and I have done our turns. Also, the tentative length of this playtest will be 10 seasons.
Back to top Go down
https://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Limes

Limes

Ignore This Number : 311

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:00 am

Faction Leader: Abbas (Archer Paragon)
Faction Name: The Uzer Colony (Uzerites) or, alternatively, the House of Timur.
Faction Animal: The Pheonix
Faction Motto: Welcome, Fellow Travellers
Faction Flag:
SUPER ALPHA ML6vxak

Starting Point: Uzer
Capital: Uzer

Backstory: From Ashes

Spoiler:

Explanations: Sliske did something to the water, or something, and shone down the "beam of light" with Cheap Magic Tricks, and actually caused the storm itself. He was also the one to injure Asena in the first place, and the one to further her sickness in the future, in an attempt to destabilize the family. It was a happy accident that the other Brothers kinda swept her under a rug and her her replaced with her Daughter Look-alike, as Sliske plans on using the true Asena against the family in the future, and can simply continue with his plans now. Sliske also was the one who gave the travellers missions, and also convinced them to journey to Uzer.

Government:
Spoiler:

Religious Interpretation:
Spoiler:

Unique Unit: Bombardier General
This unit is Commander, however, rather than using Melee, he is a Seasoned veteran who hurls magical-ranged explosives. His Explosives and War-Cries raise morale, and he is, of course, the very model of a Modern Bombardier General.

Faction Trait: Nomadic Roots (Passive)
Uzerite Caravans have a 50% less chance of not getting raided by Bandits, as the Bandits respect their common ancestry with the Uzerites.

Last edited by Limes on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:52 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixing it up)
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 11:35 am

Warlord: Gregor Reinhardt
Animal Symbol: Ram
Combat Type: Melee (Defensive)
Ideology:
Gregor is a man who strives to be the shepherd of the masses. With a soothing left hand and a firm right hand, he wants to bring people into the Light of Saradomin and give them a haven to live and prosper in. He's not an idealistic fool, knowing that to achieve his goals, he'll need a strong military, a silver tongue, and unmatched cunning. Yet he's steadfast and determined, watchful and vigilant, as his name describes. He won't give up until he's claimed victory for Saradomin and the Engellian Empire is the greatest sovereignty in existence.

Backstory:
Spoiler:

Faction Name: The Engellian Empire
Domain Name: Ansmark
Capital: Engelburg (Burthorpe)
Faction Motto: Guts. Glory. Saradomin.

Governmental Structure:
Spoiler:

Religious Interpretation:
Spoiler:

Unique Unit: Crown Infantry. Armed with extremely heavy armor and a dual mastery of Melee and Magic, these elite soldiers dedicate their lives to both the crown of their Emperor and the Crown Archival of Saradomin.

Faction Trait: Faith Through Service. Passive. As Engellians are inspired to work for the greater good, they're able to collect an additional 2,000 resources per season.

Last edited by Jasband on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 5:43 pm

As a note, I'd prefer if Unique Units were classified as a single battlefield unit - a soldier or siege engine - or a single naval unit. If you want to improve Agents, use your Trait.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

Ignore This Number : 322

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:24 pm

Agents are units - thus improvable.

Alright, 'ere goes: Bombardier General (Replaces Commander) - Cost 1,500, upkeep 300 gold per turn.
Attack strengths: Melee, Magic.
Defense weaknesses: Ranged, Cavalry.
Damage potential: 10, spread across aoe of 30 sirokis times 30 sirokis
Hitpoints: 3,000
Speed: 3
Range: 200
-Increases morale by 5%-points each battle turn

As for Ascertes: Crown Infantry (Replaces Swordsman) - Cost 40 metal and 40 cloth, upkeep 20 gold per turn.
Attack strengths: Ranged with melee attacks, Melee with both styles, magic with magic attacks
Defense weaknesses: cavalry.
Damage potential: 1, can use melee and magic in battle.
Hitpoints: 750
Speed: 3
Range (with magic): 100
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:39 pm

Agents aren't units. The Commander is the closest thing to a unit, but he has bodyguards who protect him. There's no such thing as a Tier II Agent, only increases in their effectiveness or reductions in cost.

Also, all Unique (battlefield) Units should require at least 2 seasons to recruit, especially in the case of the hybrids/tribrids you know people will try to propose. In exchange, they won't replace one of the standard units.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:45 pm

Right, I forgot to add the recruitment time. It's two seasons, yes.

You're partially correct - agents aren't battlefield units (save for commander). Any and all things you pay to keep and move around on their own (as a whole) are units. You can move agents, thus they're units. A cannon in itself isn't a unit, a nexus without incantors isn't a unit, but the whole you call nexus in the game is a unit, as well as even ships. And yes, also professors, spymasters, diplomats and so forth.

EDIT: Oh, I just saw your little addendum of not replacing anything there. No chance.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:01 pm

I suppose thinking about it in that sense is fine, so long as people don't start asking for "Agent tier upgrades". The terminology is confusing.

The only reason I don't want to replace a standard battlefield unit is because there's some kind of balance there. One heavy, offensive Melee unit, one medium, versatile defensive Melee unit. Long rage, faster firing Ranged unit with a shorter range, anti-armor Ranged unit. Half the players in GW4 chose to replace the Priest because they didn't know how versatile it is, and when they found out, a few people wanted their Unique Unit to have the Priests' abilities (looking at Songstresses), which completely defeats the purpose. Also, trying tho think of a Unique Unit in terms of "What can I replace?" limits creativity.

Each Unique Unit can have a main archetype, even if it's a hybrid, tribrid, or other. That'll factor into the weakness calculations. It just seems like a better way to handle Unique Units.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:26 pm

Fine, keep your swordsmen. I'm pretty much only giving in here since Crown Infantry is also a magic troop. Unique units are always a "replacement upgrade". You give your "right" to recruit cheap, weak units in favor of strong, expensive units that give you something extra.

Also, time for a little switch-up. Instead of troops having defensive weaknesses, they will have defensive strengths. Being defensively strong against an attack style will make the unit receive 2/3 of the damage they would otherwise. If, by any chance, your unit is defensively strong against an opponent, who is offensively strong against your unit, the damage taken is (2/3)·(3/2)=(6/6)=1 times the damage you would normally. As such, each unit will also be assigned a defensive class to distinguish the type of their defenses.

Bombardier general: Class - magic, Defensive strengths - melee, magic
Crown Infantry: Class - Magic and melee, Defensive strengths: Melee, Magic, Ranged

Damn these changes are coming late...
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 7:41 pm

Change log:

1. Fixed Backstory to something that exists.
2. Added a rudimentary flag, but didn't bother to not take out the white corners of doom.

Can I have some feedback on the Backstory, Government System, Religious Interpretation, Flag, etc.?
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:29 pm

So I now have to reword all of the unit descriptions? Weaknesses worked fine and made sense; why the change?

If you absolutely insist on having the Unique Unit replace a standard one, fine. You're the one in charge of balance, I guess.

These changes aren't coming late. The whole point of testing, especially alpha, is to find issues and try out potential improvements.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Because weaknesses didn't work, Ascertes. There only were offensive strengths and defensive weaknesses. Bad and worse. I've made do with a little bit of improvisation in GW4, but I don't want to do that to Siroki. I'd rather be clear.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:52 pm

Everything is in order guys. Go ahead and commence playtests. I'm going to sleep now, though.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:50 pm

FLAG BANNER == FINISHED

SUPER ALPHA ML6vxak

I'll do my turn in my morning time.

Unless I get bored.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:39 am

Replied to the unit stat change in the Military draft. Let's move all discussion on that topic over there.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 12:48 am

Turns out, I was bored

---

SUPER ALPHA ML6vxak

We collect 20,000 Wood.

Err, that's about it.

Wait, no, we have found a treasure in some of the ruined undercity that has no yet been fully explored! ONE Gold coin!

We send a scouting party to explore the Eastern Desert, and another to Uzer Mastaba.

Statistics:

Gold: 1 + 15,000 + 0 – 6,750 – 0 = 8,251
Wood: 0  + [20,000 * 1.0 = 0] + 0 – 0 = 20,000
Stone: 0 + [0 * 1.0 = 0] + 0 – 0 = 0
Metal: 0 + [0 * 1.0 = 0] + 0 – 0 = 0
Hides: 0 + [0 * 1.0 = 0] + 0 – 0 = 0
Cloth: 0 + [0 * 1.0 = 0] + 0 – 0 = 0
Runes: 0 + [0 * 0.0 = 0] + 0 – 0 = 0
Gems: 0 + [0 * 0.0 = 0] + 0 – 0 = 0
Camels (horse): 0 + [0 * 0.0 = 0] + 0 – 0 = 0

Uzer:
100 Swordsmen
100 Mages
100 Archers
100 Lancers
1 Diplomats
1 Missionaries
1 Professors
1 Spymasters
Abbas, Bombardier General Paragon

Scouting:
Uzer Mastaba
Eastern Desert

Science:
Camel Archers

---

Few things:

1. YEAH! 50 Soldiers! Woot! (I think your solution for making troops more worthwhile has worked a bit too well. Can we at least have an initial garrison?)
2. Starting over is difficult ;_;. As you can see, I'm not taking the fluff too seriously.

Last edited by Limes on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:44 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 5:35 am

You'll need to be more specific on the camel archer technology - what exact method are you trying?
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:07 am

Mongol-style horse archery
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 8:59 am

Not what I meant, but very well. Since you don't require any actual technology for it, your experts will commence the creation of proper setup and training program for camel archers.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:06 am

Want Agents to take 1 season of recruitment as well? I think it's logical but don't mind either way.
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:40 am

Hmm... You're right, they should take one season. Sowweh Lime.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:58 am

*notices how nobody said anything about the one coin*

Yeah! Early game advantage FTW!
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:06 am

You do realize the coin is cursed and will somehow appear in Abbas' meal and end up in his windpipe next season unless you pay an expert exorcist 20,000 gold to deal with it?
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:06 am

Behold, my horrid flag.

SUPER ALPHA KJONW3t

Today is an exciting day. The dawn of the Engellian Empire is upon us, and, on this day, the Light of Saradomin will begin to illuminate the world. It is my duty, as Emperor, to rule the people with order, wisdom, and pleasantry.

Every empire starts small. Here, I start with but one town; in ages past, it was called Burthorpe, but I have renamed it Engelburg. It shall be my capital and, in time, the shining bastion of Saradomin, greater than even Falador of the Fifth Age.

I want my citizens to gather 10,500 Wood, 5,000 Stone, and 4,500 Metal. I want to train 225 Spearmen, who should be completed next season.

A single Professor, ready for research. Good! Begin looking into how to improve the quality of our steel weapons and armor; I'll call this endeavor "Advanced Steel" and it should be counted in the Engineering field.

Diplomat, start traveling south, to Taverley, and see if you can't arrange an audience with whoever owns it. Find out as much information about the people living there as you can. This should take 1 season.

Resources & Economy:

Wood: 0 + (10,500 x 1.0) - 4,500 = 6,000
Stone: 0 + (5,000 x 1.0) - 0 = 5,000
Metal: 0 + (4,500 x 1.0) - 4,500 = 0
Hides: 0 + (0 x 1.0) - 0 = 0
Cloth: 0 + (0 x 1.0) - 0 = 0
Runes: 0 + (0 x 0.0) - 0 = 0
Horses: 0 + (0 x 0.0) - 0 = 0
Gems: 0 + (0 x 0.0) - 0 = 0

Gold: 0 + 15,000 (taxes) - 7,750 (upkeep) - 0 (other costs) = 7,250

Military:

Training: 225 Spearmen in BU (1S)

Crown Infantry: 100
Spearmen: 0
Archers: 100
Crossbowmen: 0
Mages: 100
War-Monks: 0
Hobelars: 0
Lancers: 100

Siege Engines: 0
Ships: 0

Agents:

Professors: 1 | Awaiting research approval
Diplomats: 1 | BU --> TA (1S)
Spymasters: 1 | Idle
Missionaries: 1 | Idle

Empire:

BU: No region improvements
Gregor Reinhardt, the Engellian Emperor | 100 Crown Infantry | 100 Archers | 100 Mages | 100 Lancers

Construction & Research:

Awaiting Approval for "Advanced Steel" (Engineering)

Notes:

1. Reword the Agent buildings to be clearer. The Agent buildings in towns will only provide a place for lost Agents to be retrained, while Tier II versions in cities will raise the cap.
2. Mention in the Agents draft if we start with any of them. Probably 1 Professor and 2 Diplomats at least, right? Maybe a Commander?
3. Decide whether to have a starting army. I'd say yes, but that will drain on income immediately, so maybe people would prefer not to have one.
4. LOL LIME AND DAT GP

Last edited by Jasband on Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:50 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lord William

Lord William

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 11:20 am

Hmm... Starting army of: 100 Swordsmen, 100 Archers, 100 Mages, 100 unique unit. If unique unit replaces swordsmen, rangers or mages, or the unique unit is not a troop, the faction gets 100 lancers instead of the replaced or unique unit (a faction cannot obtain the units its unique unit replaces, unless given some by another faction). Jasband gets 100 Swordsmen, Archers, Mages and Crown Infantry; Lime gets 100 Swordsmen, Archers, Mages and Lancers.

Starting army is not optional, unless you want an immediate bandit raid on your capital.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SUPER ALPHA Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SUPER ALPHA
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Playtests-
Jump to: