Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SUPER ALPHA

Go down 
+3
Lord William
Limes
Jasband
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord William

Lord William

Ignore This Number : 322

SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 8:10 am

Season report - Season 2

Menaphite Pantheon:

Unfortunately by the time the archers finish training, it's too late to send them on their way to claim the two regions. In addition, since there's only 100 of them, they move at the speed of agents, so sending them this season will make them arrive on the next. Nothing is lost, as such.

Your research advances one stage, two left.

Saradomin:

Reinhardt and his posse set foot to the west, but you've overestimated their speed. It'll take them a season longer to reach the Warriors' Guild than you thought. Your scouts treading south find out that Taverley is currently in a construction boom and the northern parts of the region have bandits in them. In fact, it appears the bandits are using the Heroes' Guild as their headquarters. The scouts manage to find a safe road that can take your men south.

Your research doesn't advance a stage, but there are only two.

Zaros:

Your taskforce arrives in the Red Dragon Isle region and sets up their ambush. Your spymaster continues his assignment. Your nexus will be completed next season. Your project advances a stage, only one remains. You imbecile n00b, though. You should learn to keep your bookkeeping up correctly. I SAW THAT MISTAKE AND DO IT ONCE MORE AND YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Zamorak:

Your project doesn't advance a stage, but there are only two.

Your forces will arrive to the Slayer Tower next season. It appears the Fenkenstrain's castle has been abandoned, though who knows? Rumors whisper of a horrible monster unliving there, with five heads and a breath worse than the King Black Dragon's. A small vampire population has been located in the Hallows. They were quite well hidden but your scouts managed to pinpoint their location. They appear to not want any trouble, but being vampires...

Elder Gods:

It seems your leader has been smoking some weed and seen the future. (We're not being too serious with the fluff here). The troops sent to scout out the spider colony Umbrian imagined, the events in the south and the ones in the east have only transpired this season. As such, any of the orders relating to them last season have been ignored. Everything told in the last season report holds true, however. Your training grounds finish construction and your research passes its first stage. Two more to go, though.

If I missed anything, feel free to yell at me.
Back to top Go down
Sirok

Sirok

Ignore This Number : 120

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 3:15 am

SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 U05Zzlz

Levi wrote:
My Lord Zamorak; I now confess to you my actions.

Ahhh! So the Vampyres have shown themselves to me…. Excellent; I could make good use of their services, and I’m sure our lord will be more than happy to have them return to our ranks. I have sent the Archdemon of Diplomacy to the Vampyres’ base in order to reintroduce Zamorak into their lives.

We have collected 100 Hellhounds (having been fed 800 horses), 9,200 units of wood, 8,000 units of metal and 2,000 units of hide. Much of these resources have been used in the summoning and taming of 100 Faustians. They will be ready in the coming season.

Troops, continue your march on the Slayer Tower! Remember your orders, lest I feed you to Behemoth.

Finally, we are building a vast training-ground in the center of town to show the people of Caoheim the glories of battle. This will take almost a year to build.

And so it's been said.

Wood:  20000 + [9200 * 1.0] - 6000 = 23200
Stone: 10000 + [0 * 1.0] - 5000 = 5000
Metal: 0 + [8000 * 1.0] - 6000 = 2000
Hides: 0 + [2000 * 1.0] - 2000 = 0
Cloth: 10000 + [0 * 1.0] = 10000
Runes: 0 + [0 * 0.0] = 0
Gems: 0 + [0 * 0.0] = 0
Horses: 0 + [800 * 1.0] - 800 = 0
Hellhounds: 0 + 100 - 100 = 0

Gold: 7250 + 15,000 - 7750 - 5000 - 8000 = 3750
Regions: +15000
Upkeep: -7750

Artisan Military
Artisan Military:

The Kingdom of Cao

Kingdom of Cao:
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

Ignore This Number : 311

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 4:55 pm

SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 ML6vxak

And, for our second mistake, it turns out we could only have one Professor at first, despite it being generally agreed that we should have a maximum of 5 professors, with a maximum of three at the start. The worst part of it is that no other empire seemed to notice. Oh well, we get our 5,000 gold back.

14,000 Stone and 6,000 Wood are collected. The Construction of a University begins, in order to facilitate the training of another Professor.

The troops that were meant to be dispatched last turn are instead dispatched this turn.

The resources are paid for the Camel Archers research.

Statistics:

Gold: 0 + 15,000 + 5000 – 9,500 – 10,000= 500
Wood: 5,000  + [6,000 * 1.0 = 6,000] + 0 – 5,000 = 6,000
Stone: 0 + [14,000 * 1.0 = 14,000] + 0 – 10,000 = 4,000
Metal: 0 + [0 * 1.0 = 0] + 0 – 0 = 0
Hides: 0 + [0 * 1.0 = 0] + 0 – 0 = 0
Cloth: 0 + [0 * 1.0 = 0] + 0 – 0 = 0
Runes: 0 + [0 * 0.0 = 0] + 0 – 0 = 0
Gems: 0 + [0 * 0.0 = 0] + 0 – 0 = 0
Camels (horse): 0 + [0 * 0.0 = 0] + 0 – 0 = 0

Uzer:
100 Swordsmen (Garrisoned)
100 Mages (Garrisoned)
100 Archers (Garrisoned)
100 Lancers
50 Archers
100 Archers (2 Turns to Uzer Mastaba)
100 Archers (2 Turns to East Desert)
2Diplomats
1 Missionaries
1 Professors
1 Spymasters
Abbas, Bombardier General Paragon

Port (2 Turns)
University (4 Turns)

Scouting:
NULL

Science:
Camel Archers (paid for this turn)
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Ignore This Number : 456

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 8:16 pm

I vote we restart this thing properly once Yuccon, Unguis, and Toa have gotten a chance to digest the Drafts. In the meantime, I can start working on v2 of the first page, which will have such conveniences as actual text instead of links! Yay!
Back to top Go down
https://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Toa Takanuva

Ignore This Number : 43

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:08 am

Hmmm....

I will, in Jascertes' terms, digest this information.
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

Ignore This Number : 34

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 9:12 am

Digest information?

Protip:
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 9:43 pm

When are we going to restart this? Before we do, we need to notify the others. I will notify Unguis, and have you guys told Yuccon yet? I think he's on Skype, so tell him too.

I've formed a few ideas for my faction for the playtest, but we need Yuccon/Unguis in here getting used to the mechanics before we start this thing up again.
Back to top Go down
Jasband
Admin
Jasband

Ignore This Number : 456

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Not gonna set a specific date for the restart - when everyone's on the same page, we'll pick it up again. If you can get in contact with Unguis/Yuccon, though, definitely do so.
Back to top Go down
https://gw5sbox.forumotion.com
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 10:36 pm

About that, unless we still need to explore some early-game mechanics, I'd think it'd be best to move to a mid-game empire status so that we can make sure the mechanics are good there, too. Let's actually follow through all stages of the playtest this time, instead of just stopping after the battles.
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Good idea, Lime.

With that in mind, split the acutal playtest into three stages - early game, mid game, and late game.

There are certainly some mechanics of this that are useful in Early Game, no? So instead of just doing mid game and late game, the three above.

Good idea?
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 12:22 am

I like the dividing of playtests based on progression through the game. Rather than doing each one sequentially, why not have the three run concurrently? More content covered in the same amount of time, and it makes for great comparison.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 7:22 am

Veylantz wrote:
I like the dividing of playtests based on progression through the game. Rather than doing each one sequentially, why not have the three run concurrently? More content covered in the same amount of time, and it makes for great comparison.
That could be a good idea, but it also sounds like it could get quite confusing if it were all done on one thread or were all done by everyone. I'd be more open to the idea if we made three threads separately, and then if we only had two or three people play on each playtest, but then there's the problem of not stress-testing GWV with the maximum amount of people. I mean, if we have near the maximum here, we might as well use it.
Back to top Go down
Veylantz

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Oh, definitely three threads. I wasn't even considering having it all on the one thread. >_<
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 10:29 am

Okay, just remind you all that I have no way of contacting Yuccon, so can't remind him to start reading the drafts for playtesting. I think he's on Skype, so someone try to contact him there?

Unguis I haven't seen online. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Unguis

Ignore This Number : 9

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:41 pm

Sorry, I have been busy and most of my free time is spent on Star Trek or training for (and eventually completing) BotD outside the clan chat.  Although I am still busy, I check this forum daily and am ready for play-testing.
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:44 am

That's alright.

Now we need Yuccon...where is that guy. Is it exam period in the Netherlands? If not, then he's just busy.
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:58 pm

Now, I've been looking at the map, and see a problem we have (the problem arose in GW4). More people's starting locations are inland than coastal. To the four people who have their capitals coastal, that would give an advantage, no? At least, depending on how strong naval combat/ships are in this game.

Now, how do you suggest we fix this to make it more fair? Canifis especially is the farthest from a coastal region. I have my own ideas, but I want to hear your thoughts on this as well. Sometimes, though, you get a non-coastal region as a capital. Although, two games in a row most factions have had a coastal region.

Also, on another subject...

Are you still going with the whole "Winner of GW4 gets to choose starting location!" thing?

We all agreed on that.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 10:59 pm

No we didn't
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Yes we did, Lime. Razz

You, Yuccon, Unguis, myself, and Veylantz did agree on that. I remember the whole topic about it, as Veylantz originally wanted the winners to have a executive decision on the next gm..
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:02 pm

I don't remember agreeing to such a thing. Also, I don't see anything inherently unfair in the capitals.
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:05 pm

Then we can just leave the capital issue alone.

But, Lime, we did agree on that. Lying won't help, when we did agree on that.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:09 pm

I'm not lying.

I honestly cannot remember doing that.
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:11 pm

Well, I do, and we did agree on it Very Happy

I'm sure other people did as well, honestly.
Back to top Go down
Limes

Limes

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:13 pm

I don't know why I'd agree on such a thing either, the starting positions on this map look perfectly fine. Besides, we've also decided that we wanted the Asgarnia/Misthalin region to be a sort of FFA area. Additionally, Siroki and William are building the NPC personalities so that the farther away they are, the more rewarding and challenging the diplomacy is(or, at least, that's how I think they're doing it), so I suggest that if we did actually agree to that, we just disregard it, as it would create too much extra work.
Back to top Go down
Toa Takanuva

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 27, 2013 11:20 pm

That's why I mentioned the capital positions in the same post. For example, we can allow the Zamorakian capital to have some freeway for the GW4 winner (I'm saying 'winner' because I know it's myself, but just to make it neutral). I'll admit, some capital positions are in bad spots, Lleyta one of them. I remember Stanton talking to me about that.

But, we can just leave it. This is one of the reasons why it doesn't suit that God Wars 5 was created earlier, and now we won't discuss what was said in God Wars 4 and what people agreed on especially.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUPER ALPHA   SUPER ALPHA - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SUPER ALPHA
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Playtests-
Jump to: